Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Purchased my Land! Tug Hill Region New York

spiralsands, YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!!
    so glad you checked in.

cannot wait to hear more about your cabin building journey

Quote Originally Posted by spiralsands View Post
    Hello again my New York compatriots. I've been away from the forum for a long while. Been soul searching, redirecting, evaluation, letting my hair grow long, examining mortality, feeling lost....and now I'm back. Boy oh boy have I gone full circle. I have mentally and emotionally trekked through giving up on all the plans I set up here and going overseas somewhere. From losing one's partner and trying to hold on to the rest, to not wanting to live anywhere at all and wondering what the F I'm doing here at all. Somehow, the light flickered back on this month as I started to look for another home to get out from under the mortgage I took when we got here 5 years ago. The searches for another house and the inevitable requirement to sink money into it brought me to a property in Dolgeville that began to look very attractive to me. Then I found myself searching Adirondack homes and then came the knock, knock...gently on the head...I'm already in the Adirondacks. Just 4 miles from that historic ball and chain house in town is my very own Winterwood. Courage, courage. My woods are waiting. I drove out there Sunday on a lark and looked around. I have big honking trees, probably about 15 acres of them. Monsters. In big stands.

Guess I better dig out my old school books...I need to get my 30x30 plans stamped CAUSE I'M BUILDING ME A HOUSE!!!
    YES!!!

Get to it!!!! If you've got 15 acres of monster trees then you also have barter power with anyone who needs wood. So go forth and kick some ass like we know you can do.

Double tap!

Quote Originally Posted by spiralsands View Post
    Hello again my New York compatriots. I've been away from the forum for a long while. Been soul searching, redirecting, evaluation, letting my hair grow long, examining mortality, feeling lost....and now I'm back. Boy oh boy have I gone full circle. I have mentally and emotionally trekked through giving up on all the plans I set up here and going overseas somewhere. From losing one's partner and trying to hold on to the rest, to not wanting to live anywhere at all and wondering what the F I'm doing here at all. Somehow, the light flickered back on this month as I started to look for another home to get out from under the mortgage I took when we got here 5 years ago. The searches for another house and the inevitable requirement to sink money into it brought me to a property in Dolgeville that began to look very attractive to me. Then I found myself searching Adirondack homes and then came the knock, knock...gently on the head...I'm already in the Adirondacks. Just 4 miles from that historic ball and chain house in town is my very own Winterwood. Courage, courage. My woods are waiting. I drove out there Sunday on a lark and looked around. I have big honking trees, probably about 15 acres of them. Monsters. In big stands.

Guess I better dig out my old school books...I need to get my 30x30 plans stamped CAUSE I'M BUILDING ME A HOUSE!!!
    WOO HOO!!! You go girl! Been thinking of you and wondering how you are. So glad to see you back.
    Mary in Pennsylvania

One day this sign will hang in my log home

"SHE BELEIVED SHE COULD, SO SHE DID. "

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    YES!!!

Get to it!!!! If you've got 15 acres of monster trees then you also have barter power with anyone who needs wood. So go forth and kick some ass like we know you can do.
    Barter power....why don't I ever think of these good ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by smokerdude View Post
    Hello Dan and welcome. I own about 75 acres in Cleveland NY, not too far from you. I've been clearing land for two years now and plan to start building this year. Have not seen a post from you in awhile. Hope all is well. Keep the dream alive!

Hey Smoker dude, I live in Cicero too.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Like you I've been away from LHBA and started lighting a fire under ass about getting a cabin started on my property. I got 4 years left before I retire and want this as a spring, summer and fall place to live and snow bird outta here when all that snow falls.
    I have 34 acres in Norway and not to far from Dolgeville. Good luck on your 30x30!!!!!

Adam

Regular+ User
    Happy Holidays everyone! I'm not on the site nearly as much as I would like, & still have yet to attend the class...Nonetheless, I planted 100 white spruce trees on my land in NY this las season, and hope to start a build soon. I'm thinking of building a nice two car sized board & batten garage on a slab and then running electricity to it. This way, I have a covered area for materials & electricity once I start the cabin...We shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by DanBlue View Post
    I planted 100 white spruce trees on my land in NY this las season, and hope to start a build soon.
    You're going to have to give those white spruces a little more time, I think. ;-)
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Hello everyone!

I am from Doylestown PA. About 45 minutes away from Camden. I am just about to start on my own Log Home building journey. I took the class in February of '17 and I am currently looking at land.

I am always looking for other builders in the area and any advice!

Ed