Thread: Algae for biodiesel?

LHBA Member
    Presently Rock Hill SC, property in NC. Longing to get started!

Algae for biodiesel?

Have any of you great minds looked into this?? I'm back reading and researching. Just wondering if growing algae for biodiesel is another "fire" I want to start.

Quote Originally Posted by LogHomeFeverDan View Post
    Have any of you great minds looked into this?? I'm back reading and researching. Just wondering if growing algae for biodiesel is another "fire" I want to start.
    I haven't looked into it on a personal level, I didn't know it was a thing to produce it individually--I figured it required a commercial grade operation.

But Algae based biodiesel is such a good idea it's scary though. Algae is the most prolific translator of the suns energy into caloric energy that we can use to power vehicles and generators and things.

Dan

LHBA Member
    Presently Rock Hill SC, property in NC. Longing to get started!
    Yeah, I don't think I'd do it commercially, but if I could produce enough to run a generator and maybe a vehicle or two, I'd be happy. Going to invest some money into reading. I think it can be done for personal use fairly inexpensive.

Blog Entries
    I'd say buy the pond now, just in case Shell or Chevron get into making it profitable.

If you would have bought a bunch of Texas back in 1895, you could punch your own well right now and separate the gas out of the water and make your own biofuel out of that.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LogHomeFeverDan View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I'd do it commercially, but if I could produce enough to run a generator and maybe a vehicle or two, I'd be happy. Going to invest some money into reading. I think it can be done for personal use fairly inexpensive.
    Yes please.

If you could do it yourself enough to run a generator and fuel a couple vehicles, that would be something I'd LOVE to learn about.

I would love it if I could fuel my vehicles entirely from my land.

Dan

Time for you to take the lead LogHomeFeverDan
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box