Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2014 class

August 2014 class

Hello all,

I'm just trying to see who is going to the 2014 august class...I've tried to find a thread for it but was unable to find one. If there is already thread for this class, please point me to right direction. I'm looking forward to the class and more importantly getting to the members side.

Thanks,
    Keith

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes getting to the members side is great, but-t-t-t, the class is the key that unlocks the door. You need that info so you know what to ask and what not to ask when you get to the member side. Yes we all ask questions that have already been answered even after the class. But you will come out of it with a wealth of information that will have you on your way and you won't have to ask as many questions. It will be more of refresh my memory, oh yes, I remember now kinda of thing. Also when it comes to doing things different, someone has probably already done it.

Akloghomes,

There are tons of us here who will be delighted to help you. Even now we will be here to help you within the outlines of the rules. Sing out and we will answer. We are waiting for you. If that doesn't spook you out I don't what will. Lololol

Blondie

Thanks for the input...

Mosseyme, yes I'm also excited about the class, although I feel like I've learned a lot from this forum over the years. I'm sure there are many things to learn in class that I can't get from general forum area.

Thanks Blondie, I will definitely be asking ???'s after the class...I'm not spooked out yet. lol

akloghomes

Quote Originally Posted by akloghomes View Post
    Thanks for the input...

Mosseyme, yes I'm also excited about the class, although I feel like I've learned a lot from this forum over the years. I'm sure there are many things to learn in class that I can't get from general forum area.

Thanks Blondie, I will definitely be asking ???'s after the class...I'm not spooked out yet. lol

akloghomes
    You have no idea what is coming!

I myself thought I learned so much after years of newbie questions on this public side before the planets and stars aligned just right so I could finally take the class.

And then I took the class... It felt like a college vibe of the knowledge dump, taking huge amounts notes.

That was the training... And then you got access to the member's section where even to this day, I still stay up into the wee hours of the night reading the vast memory dumps done by everyone.
    Eric Duncan - LHBA Class: May 2012 - http://eduncan911.com

"A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned." - Shepherd Book, Firefly

I'll be there, all is booked, flight, hotel, and class. Flying in Friday, leaving Monday.
    See you there,
    Matt

Welcome! Enjoy the class!
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

I'm sure eduncan911, my head will be spinning. I hope the material that they give in class will cover most of it as I'm not good at note taking. We will see. I do have experience in building stick built homes although I think log homes will be quite different.

See you in class Matt!!! What part of Texas are you from? I just left Texas and am transferring back to the last frontier where I hope to never leave again...lol It was way to hot for me in Texas...At least you can dress for the cold in Alaska, can't do much of the heat in Texas accept sweat it out...Maybe it was my job that made it soooo hot...

Thanks rckclmbr428, I've check out your site for years..Nice log homes...

I'm just outside of Austin. I prefer a colder climate as well, but, alas, I lost out to my beautiful wife...
    So here I sit, in July, bloody hot! I don't know how my Jersey cow and my Dorper sheep survive. I can't even plant in this awful heat. I hope to be in Montana by the time my boys graduate from high school...
    I'd love to head up to Alaska and buy a piece of property on a creek running into a lake. Maybe we can chat a little at the class, I'm curious if you had a multi year plan to move there or if you just thought about it for years then went cold turkey? All the best to you and yours,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Septemberwheat View Post
    I'm just outside of Austin. I prefer a colder climate as well, but, alas, I lost out to my beautiful wife...
    So here I sit, in July, bloody hot! I don't know how my Jersey cow and my Dorper sheep survive. I can't even plant in this awful heat. I hope to be in Montana by the time my boys graduate from high school...
    I'd love to head up to Alaska and buy a piece of property on a creek running into a lake. Maybe we can chat a little at the class, I'm curious if you had a multi year plan to move there or if you just thought about it for years then went cold turkey? All the best to you and yours,
    Matt
    We have just left Beaumont TX, was there for the last 5 yrs. Prior to TX I live in Alaska for 7 yrs now we are heading back to AK. My job transfers me every 4-6 yrs. I'm hoping to not leave AK again. We will see what the future holds. AK will be our final destination for our log home. We will definitely chat at class...

See u in class,
    Keith