Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our little slice...

Our little slice...

So I'm all signed up for the class in March and the anticipation is killing me....in an awesome way. I thought I would share a little about the land we are purchasing in the meantime and get some feedback. We are currently living in a small rural town in Western Massachusetts called Deerfield. The property we are purchasing is in the hill towns to our Northeast in Heath, MA. It's only 4.5 miles from the Vermont boarder as the crow flies. The parcel we are looking at is 42 acres and nicely secluded. As far as logs for building go, it has quite a few tall, straight white pines, and some poplar that looks like it would work too...can you mix logs like that? There is already a building lot cleared and and a well drilled. The site was perc tested and there was a septic design approved back in 2000, but those will likely need to be done again. The road to the property is no longer maintained by the town, so the first order of business will be getting that back in good shape. It's also probably .5 miles to power so we will have some decisions there. There is excellent southern exposure. I would post a couple pictures, but I can't seem to figure that out...there is only an option to post images from a URL?

LHBA Member
    You have to go to a photo sharing site like photo bucket get an account post your photo there then copy and paste it to this site like my picture of mushroom rock and muffin rock

Last edited by lilbluehonda; 01-12-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks, that's what I figured, but it said something about being able to attach a file from your computer and I haven't been able to do that.

Also, I meant that our property is to the North West of us here in Deerfield, not the North East. It was late...

Conroe, Tx/Building in Marshall,NC, north of Asheville
    Sounds like a great piece of property. Congrads
    Ken and Audra Dinino
    "Determined to build my log home before I leave this world"

If you clicked the "add photo" button, there is a tab in that pop-up window for using a URL. I recommend unchecking the "host locally" option.

Alternatively, you can simply type [IMG.] [/IMG] around the web address of the photo. (remove the period in the first tag. I put it in there so the tag would show)
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Here are a few pics...the road to the clearing, the clearing itself (taken from the north east corner), and some of the pines we are hoping to be able to use for the house.

One more try....

So jealous. Very beautiful piece of property you have there.

. . . and it's flat, which is a big plus to keeping construction costs low.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

We feel very lucky to have found this place. We are really getting it for a great deal as well. It feels awesome to have this first piece of the puzzle coming together and I can't wait to take the class and start working on the rest. I'm really having a hard time keeping myself from making plans before taking the class, but I'm trying to heed everyone's advice.