Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: when is next seeminar

Blog Entries
    Jake... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you really are too old, it's a waste of logs and I'm pretty sure you can't build a log home that way.

But I'm doing it and I turn 60 in February. Go for it and don't give up til they nail the coffin lid down. You'll most likely enjoy the proccess as much as I do.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Jake... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you really are too old, it's a waste of logs and I'm pretty sure you can't build a log home that way.

But I'm doing it and I turn 60 in February. Go for it and don't give up til they nail the coffin lid down. You'll most likely enjoy the proccess as much as I do.
    Jake --

that there is advise you can take with you.
    LogHouseNut is Our resident helper, er, well, he NEEDS help, I mean HE is a big HELPER.
    Trust him.
    as his tag says --- Skips way is best.
    I turned 50 this year and am still dreaming of getting it done.
    You're good!!!
    JD

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries
    Well I turn 70 in Feb... I believe I will finish this next summer... I have noticed that I can't cut and haul firewood all day any more, in just about 6 hours and I'm pooped... Anyway, I think you get a little bit younger when you stack logs...
    Dave
    --> The unaimed arrow never misses....
    --> If can, can. If no can, no can... Hawaiian Pidgin
    2011 video http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a413d0d0a&sb=1
    2006 to 2009 video http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/flintlock1/
    If you are gonna be dumb, you better be TOUGH!

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    We are in our sixties and have been building mostly on our own. We have done our own logging up on the side of gullies to steep to safely stand on way up in the mountains. We have dragged logs 3/4 of a mile through the forest on old logging roads. This past two weeks we have had help from brother who had his sixty ninth birthday last week out here. The friend he brought with him is 74 and he spent a lot of the time up on the logs 20 feet in the air drilling logs. Age is just a number. You will be just as old in 5 years maybe older if you dont do the log cabin

LHBA Member
    I'm 64 cut my own logs started on my house in the middle of last July 35 X 35 with a roof 48 X 50 got the walls up rafters on sheeted with 2 X 6's and the underlayment down waiting for the tin to come next week

Blog Entries
    Don't let 'em scare you off Jake. Nobody says you have to keep up with them. If you want to plug along at my pace, it'll still woek out just fine.

The journey is where the real pleasure lies.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

Many people have no Dream and sit in their chair and die. I have a Dream and will Die working it or enjoying it LHBA Logs stacked. Bible says "without a Dream the people perish " I believe this goes for individuals also. Man was not created to sit in chair and just exist. IMHO.

I love it when folks tell ya that it can't be done and especially by you. ;-{>8

Don't just go with your boots on - - be kickin.

A lotta sage advice here.

Blog Entries
    My Wife says that I'll most likely die with my boots on... Too lazy to take them off on the odd chance that I'll still be alive tomorrow. As for kickin, well can't I just yawn?
    Last edited by loghousenut; 11-25-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Well, now I'm feeling GREAT about being 'only' 52 and not started yet. Hope for the future and keeping the dream alive.