Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A possible change of direction

Well Ive been doing my research, Just got the email that this years Labor day is the last class of the year- shame we won't be over before then. (assuming the Visa comes through)

Been doing some looking at land, found some about 3hrs from where Ill be working, too far to live, but perfect for a little 'retreat'.
    Anybody heard of 'Classic Country land' they self finance, no banks involved (and I'd imagine pretty stiff penalties for missing payments)
    They have some 10-20 tracts available in the 'Mountains' in Oklahoma that are quite reasonable in cost.

how rocky would be acceptable/ advisable for a basic pier build?? (and yes I know all is revealed at the class)

Blog Entries
    Never had any dealings with that outfit but I get the feeling that you do not want to purchase land from them, or anyone else, without spending some real time in that area. See what the folks at the closest market or cafe have to say about it. Check out a bunch of neighbors and ask a bunch of questions. Questions like "anybody ever sell one of these plots at a profit?"

This type of situation can lead to a scenario where there will be four or five permanent residents in the area and the rest of the properties are in a constant cycle of ownership, "improvement", divorce (etc), reposession, for sale.... and on and on. I knew a fellow once who had quit his day job so he could relax for a living. He'd buy a chunk of ground for cash (very little cash), then he'd sell it for a reasonable down payment and small monthly installments. The down payment was always whatever he had paid for the place and once the new owner missed four or five payments, he'd make a friendly visit that usually ended up with him getting to start the process all over again. He claimed that it was always a friendly business and that if the folks were missing payments, they wanted a way out. He sold a lot of land on Ebay.

The rocks won't hurt the build any, but they play heck with a garden and can make ditch digging a challenge.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

It can't any more rocky than here in the Ozarks. We grow rocks like vegetables around here.

Cheers LHN, Thought it might be something like that, this is all good research.

Wait. People still plant gardens on the ground?

Yea, I considered land in parts of Oklahoma. Lots of cheap, though totally exploited, land available. I wouldn't dare buy any without seeing it firsthand, no matter how cheap it is. (for all you know, you might be inheriting a Superfund site)

Sent from my Galaxy Edge+ using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box