Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fathers Day

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries

Fathers Day

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there that are working so hard to provide a beautiful home for your family. And to all you Dad's that are looking for that way to finally be able to provide that home. Look here. I hope you all had a great day with your little people no matter how big the are.

LHBA Member
    Presently Rock Hill SC, property in NC. Longing to get started!
    Amen! What a grand day to celebrate being a Father!

Blog Entries
    Ditto on the Father's Day wishes to the rest of you. Hope you all had a father like mine was, and my boy has.

Got to spend the last two days in a demonstration blacksmith shop witnessing what my 21 year old Son does best... working the crowd. Lunch both days was lobster cooked on the coal forge. The crowd loved it nearly as much as I did.

Few things are more important than being a father... or a son or a daughter to one.

Wow, LHN, that must have been quite a Dad and quite a household you and Bo grew up in. Of course, Bo has said you really weren't that much trouble. You know, just crying and cowering in fear under the kitchen table most of the time. Things got better for you though when you got that dog, so you had someone to eat with down there. Ah, memories.

I'm liking John W more and more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoFuller View Post
    I'm liking John W more and more.

Yeah, I can see he's gonna be a handful on the member's side.

That dog was a lot of fun and really devoted to me. Bo threw a fit because the dog wouldn't play with him. Dad solved the problem by having Gramaw sew a porkchop into Bo's overall's pocket.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Mosseyme.
    I had a 50th Anniversary party, 2 bithday parties and my father's Fathers day, as well as my own.
    My Father turned 85 this year, so it was good to have another year with him.
    Traveling thru the sand hills of Nebraska.
    Saw a LHBA log home going up, but missed the owner 'harmtim', because he was at a reunion too....
    JD

Blog Entries

Happy Fathers Day!!!

Happy Fathers Day to all of you/us who have the best darned job in the World! Hope yours is at least half as blessed as mine will be. As usual Jake and I are demonstation blacksmithing for an event. What could be better than witnessing all of my finer traits oozing from the fruit of my loins.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Blog Entries
    I had a good Father's day- was so sore from the 14 hours on my build on Saturday that I could hardly move on Sunday.

I have a terrible father who used to make license plates. Won't go into details, but let's just say I found some really great replacements: my grandpa, some fine people from church, an old boiler maker from Page, AZ, and most recently, the wise patriarch across the street from my build.

Watching my wife and daughter play teeter-totter tonight on a leftover sill plate inside the boundaries of our future living room while I drilled holes in logs- well, it don't get better than being able to build a place to protect them.

I get the idea we got some real good fathers on our forum.

blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com/
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df

Thank you, mudflap, for bringing up the subject for those of us who didn't have the best fathers (or mothers on Mother's Day). It becomes hard on days that celebrate our parents when we have longed for such love all our lives. Just hearing that someone else suffered in the same way does make it a bit better.

That having been said, my aunt and uncle, who are also my godparents, are the parents I never had. They live on the West Coast and I live on the East Coast, so I never really got to know them until a few years ago when I took a goldsmithing course out in San Francisco and stayed with them for a month. I'm so happy that I'm going to be able to spend some time with them after this class in September, especially since they are now in their late 80's! (But I try not to think about that.)