Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is it that allows the Butt and Pass method not to settle?

Sorry, I must have posted this in the wrong spot! Oops!

I'm trying to respond to Timberwolf's post. Let me try again. I did earlier and it seemed to go to some other location. Here goes!

Timberwolf,

WOW! WOW! WOW~! If I wasn't sold on the classes a couple of hours ago, I am now after viewing your photos. The step-by-step of each stage was amazingly helpful for me to envision the whole thing! I new believe that we can DO THIS! As soon as I can get my husband and me into the class, I will be there. I may bring both my grown sons too.

I've never really liked the look of the chinking ( I guess that's what you call the bright white material between the logs). Does it have to be so bright and VIVID? I didn't see this part of the process in your photos, and I'm guessing that this is a messy process?

I am PSYCHED! We can do this!

Thanks so much for your encouragement! Do you have any more photos of your completed house? The last photos I saw were of the staining and chinking. I'm not even sure I saw the windows and doors go in, or any of the interior going in. I can't thank you enough. It just all seemed to 'click' as I viewed your step-by-step photos.

L

Woodinville WA / still have a home in Anchorage Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by LBolton2008 View Post
    ........WOW! WOW! WOW~! If I wasn't sold on the classes a couple of hours ago, I am now after viewing your photos. The step-by-step of each stage was amazingly helpful for me to envision the whole thing! I new believe that we can DO THIS! As soon as I can get my husband and me into the class, I will be there. I may bring both my grown sons too.

I've never really liked the look of the chinking ( I guess that's what you call the bright white material between the logs). Does it have to be so bright and VIVID? .......
    I am PSYCHED! We can do this!L
    Hehehe... Zzzzzeeeeeeeeeeee (Another one hooked!). You'll find other members have links to their builds as well, links often found below their signature on posts -- RockLock for one, RckClmbr for another, various others with excellent photo / video documentation.
    The chinking can be about any color/shade you want it to be -- a matter of personal preference -- you'll learn that in class too.
    Speaking of which -- in case you didn't see the post on your "Newbie" thread -- the Memorial Day weekend class is now open and available to purchase. Best to jump on it! (They sell out Faaast).

Cheers and Welcome to the clan
    Last edited by AkChas; 02-12-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBolton2008 View Post
    I'm trying to respond to Timberwolf's post. Let me try again. I did earlier and it seemed to go to some other location. Here goes!

Timberwolf,

WOW! WOW! WOW~! If I wasn't sold on the classes a couple of hours ago, I am now after viewing your photos. The step-by-step of each stage was amazingly helpful for me to envision the whole thing! I new believe that we can DO THIS! As soon as I can get my husband and me into the class, I will be there. I may bring both my grown sons too.

I've never really liked the look of the chinking ( I guess that's what you call the bright white material between the logs). Does it have to be so bright and VIVID? I didn't see this part of the process in your photos, and I'm guessing that this is a messy process?

I am PSYCHED! We can do this!

Thanks so much for your encouragement! Do you have any more photos of your completed house? The last photos I saw were of the staining and chinking. I'm not even sure I saw the windows and doors go in, or any of the interior going in. I can't thank you enough. It just all seemed to 'click' as I viewed your step-by-step photos.

L

Awww. Thanks L. I'm flattered.

I wasn't a big fan of chinking either. And for whatever reason, it seems that so many people dread the process to death.

For me, it was one of the best and easiest part of the process. There aren't many pictures because I did that part without help. Just me and the mixer and the buckets and the trowels and the scaffold. Mix, lug, trowel, repeat. 2 tons worth. Suddenly, it looks like a log home.

Mine is bright and white because I didn't want grey (note, you can pretty much have ANY colour you want, if you want it bad enough) I wanted something bright. And all the log buildings I grew up around had white lime chinking, so for me, it just worked.

There are some photos of the house with all the windows and doors installed in another album on the same site, feel free to look, they aren't hidden, I was just maxing out the practical limit for number of photos in one album.

BTW, that house, 95% of it at least was me and a buddy, or just me. You and your husband and 2 sons can DO this. You just have to want to.
    As a whole, the LHBA system (and it is a system) of building, is simplicity at it's core, longevity at it's heart and strength throughout.

Build to your need, and....desire, and.....ability. And be secure in your decision.

http://picasaweb.google.com/parent.j...gHomeBuilding#