Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The average Joe who has done this

The average Joe who has done this

Is there someone here who can share their experience and maybe some photos of them building there cabin? It would be nice to see if someone who didn't have money and lots of experience complete one of these cabins.

It would be nice to see someone who may be somewhat like myself and in the same situation who has completed one of these wooden castles!

LHBA Member
    If I remember right, back when I started lurking on this forum, I would look at peoples signature in their post and allot of them have photobucket blogs or other types of blogs. Look at Blanes posts or Rocklock. Lots of pictures from 2 "Average" (if anyone on here can be considered average that is) folks.

You're welcome to look at mine.

There are plenty of people who have blogged about, or made web pages about their builds. A little Google-Fu could be your friend.
    As a whole, the LHBA system (and it is a system) of building, is simplicity at it's core, longevity at it's heart and strength throughout.

Build to your need, and....desire, and.....ability. And be secure in your decision.

http://picasaweb.google.com/parent.j...gHomeBuilding#

I am less than the average Joe with just a little money. Not quite done yet but close. You are welcome to look through my blog.

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries
    Jake;
    if you have not looked at my photobucket file with about 400 photos and two videos covering about 6 years then your not trying.
    I am not average... at almost 70. I am old.
    At 6'4" and about 280 - not nearly average...
    Living in Hawaii when its cold in Washington is not average...
    Just in case you do not realize this we are an educational site... we don't get a dime for posting or sharing anything on this site. This is not average.
    I stacked all my logs in twelve days... Actually that is about average for a rented boom truck...
    So, look around
    Look at page one of introduce yourself... You will find my first post in 2005...
    Last edited by rocklock; 01-21-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Dave
    --> The unaimed arrow never misses....
    --> If can, can. If no can, no can... Hawaiian Pidgin
    2011 video http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a413d0d0a&sb=1
    2006 to 2009 video http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/flintlock1/
    If you are gonna be dumb, you better be TOUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by rocklock View Post
    Jake;
    if you have not looked at my photobucket file with about 400 photos and two videos covering about 6 years then your not trying.
    I am not average... at almost 70. I am old.
    At 6'4" and about 280 - not nearly average...
    Living in Hawaii when its cold in Washington is not average...
    Just in case you do not realize this we are an educational site... we don't get a dime for posting or sharing anything on this site. This is not average.
    I stacked all my logs in twelve days... Actually that is about average for a rented boom truck...
    So, look around
    Look at page one of introduce yourself... You will find my first post in 2005...
    Hey here Rock! You have a very beautiful home, a very nice job done by you sir! Can you say that if you didn't have a crane that the method they teach in class is still very doable to erect those logs? I may not have the option in getting that type of equipment.

Thanks again for your insight as I really do value the information from the members here.

look at Paul Kahle's site. Done by hand.

http://www.paulkahle.com/log.html.

and they teach both ways. Also 2cents lifted all her logs by hand. I did my two ridge poles... well kindof... I used the truck.

Jake,
    All my logs were lifted with b&t, my blog shows how we did it.

LHBA Member
    Presently Rock Hill SC, property in NC. Longing to get started!
    Quote Originally Posted by blane View Post
    Jake,
    All my logs were lifted with b&t, my blog shows how we did it.
    I can't wait til March.....is it March yet??? Isn't it time to head to Vegas?? Blane, awesome pics. Thank for sharing. I can tell simply by reading the comments what an awesome perspective you have on life and God's blessings.

Jake Prom, I would not worry about too many things at once (should have tried telling me that before I took the class). I have built a 10x10 tool shed with porch overhang. I am planning to build 35x35 log home. I only buy materials that are on clearance. I bought 1 tool at retail price, which could be had at 1/2 price used. I have trees on my land that i will use. Simple foundation, piers. these are some money saving tips, and if you follow your budget, youcan build very inexpencive.