And have some feed back? I've been looking at them.

Waiting for March and the class but looking at all options for the log home. We'd like to cut down on all the heavy users of electricity. We'd really like to have an off grid system but it just doesn't make economic sense yet with batteries unless I can find some telecom batteries like Rod has mentioned. We'd like to go propane for as many appliances as possible. Always wanted to have a commercial griddle with a couple of burners and deep fryer on an island in the kitchen. Researching rocket mass heater and or geothermal. Still have to figure out the clothes dryer and with my lovely wife and two daughters, well even the female dog and cat, we MUST have hair dryers. (snicker) Think I can rig up a solar powered hair drying station???? <full body head tilt>

Anywho, I digress. Seems the most common "con" to tankless is the delay in arrival of hot water. I don't know I've always had to wait for hot water. I've heard some folks put in a very small propane hot water heater to avoid the delay, like a four gallon heater.

While I'm on the subject anyone plumbed with pex? Seems it would be easier as less connections. Not sure how the manifold would work but it seems easier.

Ready for feedback.