I really like the quick disconnect idea for the outdoor grill. I'll probably end up calling in the professionals for gas line install. It'll be enough to get my confidence high to do the electrical and plumbing. PEX sure looks easier though.

Stressman thanks for your insight. I've not really considered going dc yet. Have always looked at inverters for ac. No matter how you slice it, unless I'm missing something it's still not economical to do a completely off grid system. Of course the biggest barrier to that for us is our land already has underground utilities. Former developer went under after they installed underground utilities on all the lots in this 155 acre parcel. Funny, actually, we have super nice paved road to get to each lot, but need to take a gravel road to access the property. We've not been up there when it rains hard but the turn off from the main road is gravel through a small valley with a creek, thus the potential to be flooded out. Oh well when we get set up to be self sufficient getting flooded at the access road won't matter. (-;

Still tons and tons to research. Sometimes you folks rattle stuff off that goes so far over my head it might as well be a foreign language. I've seen Rod talk about subjects that I have to google about every fourth word . I mean I fell off a turnip truck but it wasn't last night, and I did go to kollig, I evan are a gradumate. I sometimes have challenges with electrical topics however.

Always appreciate the input from everyone, it provides impetus to learn.