Thread: Hot water showers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Use a backpack sprayer and you could clean up while you're out for your morning walk.

OK, Really

There were years in my younger life where I'da jumped on this idea in a heartbeat. I've never been much of a fan of sponge bathing while standing in a washtub next to the woodstove... Well there was that one scene in that Harrison Ford movie where he was living with the Amish. Forever a fan of good acting.
    Seems I recall your a Navy vet so tell us about the Navy showers vs the Marine showers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noswar View Post
    Seems I recall your a Navy vet so tell us about the Navy showers vs the Marine showers.
    In the Navy, the shower water had never been inside a helmet.

My little Dixie Cup hat is off to those of you who ate from a can or a pouch and shook the mud, dust, and blood from your socks.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noswar View Post
    My guess:
    Navy shower = 30 seconds to get wet, off while lathering, on maybe a minute to rinse. Saves water.
    Marine shower = cold rain.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donjuedo View Post
    My guess:
    Navy shower = 30 seconds to get wet, off while lathering, on maybe a minute to rinse. Saves water.
    Marine shower = cold rain.
    When I was a kid listening to my Dad(Marine) and his brother(Navy) what I got out of the ribbing was Marines only showered when it rained and a Navy shower was just a dab of underarm deodorant.