Thread: Tipi Construction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    nudge -- Kola?
    we talked about you with HIGH regard.
    Idaho HIGH regard.
    any comments?
    Broncology is now an LHBA member and is on the forum...

pics

22 ft round at the floor and about 15 foot high it wasn't tiny by any means, built her on a 22x22 ft deck, withstood 80 mph winds, hail, heavy snow, etc. Those savage Indians knew what they were doing. I must say it was romantic laying there at night, looking out the smokeflap opening and seeing the stars. The smokeflaps (when open) acted like big ear collectors and you could hear every sound from miles away...coyotes, chipmunks, woodpeckers, thunder, etc etc. When you had a fire going inside and went utside the tipi looked like one bigass lighted party cone and was super cool looking.

The guy who made the tipi said it took to 3 men to put it up. With my trock and my dog I did it myself......only to find out I measured wrong as the canvas was too high off the decking. I had to take the entire thing down, readjust it and put her back up. It went up like a breeze on the second go-round. lol.

d186.jpg
    Last edited by Kola; 08-29-2014 at 01:23 PM.

here's it morphing along as I dealt with new challenges (weather and such), I built me a deck and a protective covering for my entrance way

dcp_2349.jpg

warmth and my sleeping bunk

d224.jpg

here's it morphing along as I dealt with new challenges (weather and such), I built me a deck and a protective covering for my entrance way

dcp_2349.jpg

warmth and my sleeping bunk...ad fur hat, two sleeping bags.

d224.jpg

d203.jpg

d238.jpg

d187.jpg