Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tipi Construction

We made a 20' tipi out of a 20x40' tarp. Canvas, cotton duct, with waterproofing. About 400$. Used a line at mid point of long side to trace a semi circle. Cut it and used scraps to make smoke flaps. There are plans online.
    The narrow side dictates the height of tipi- so a 15x30' will make a nice 15'er

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the help so far! Lots to think about. I would like to make it more long term than short, so the traditional cavas may be the way to go? I searched for thread/post made by Kola....must have been deleted after a certain time of inactivity had gone by?

Kola was a member on here for a while, he got upset by something and deleted everything he had ever posted and disappeared, tis a shame, pretty neat guy.
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noswar View Post
    Only an average Joe, circa 2/1/54 would stucco carpet that be me, certainly you can relate or have sympathy with.
    I defer to the elders of the group. Edit my previous post to include the phrase "Holy Cow... That stuccoing the carpet idea just HAS to work!!!".

Posted by an average Nut, circa 2/15/54.

PS... I really do think it'd work.

I met my wife working at a summer camp up on NorCal 13 years ago this month (seems like forever). Well all the campers lived in like 20"+ tipis, and staff lived in tents (hippy commune). Wife said one of the ladies made all the tipis, guess she is in that industry, said she would make the coverings for our yurt at (family) cost. I'll ask the wife this weekend when she gets back in town for the info.

I'm amazed at the things I learn after 62 years. Two college degrees and to my recollection, I had never seen the word tipi before. I thought it was a poor phonetic attempt at spelling teepee, but upon looking it up, it appears tipi is the norm and teepee is the alternative. It just goes to show what one doesn't know.

Blog Entries
    Heck Bo, I'm sure you can't begin to guess all the stuff you don't know. For example did you know that the proper spelling for going #1 is really pipi?

And going #2 is pupu!

Don'tcha just love this forum! So much semi-useless information in such a streamlined package.

just for the record, #2 is #1 in my book
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Heck Bo, I'm sure you can't begin to guess all the stuff you don't know. For example did you know that the proper spelling for going #1 is really pipi?

And going #2 is pupu!

Don'tcha just love this forum! So much semi-useless information in such a streamlined package.
    And I pay good money to get this info to my laptop via fiber optic cable and wireless router. The world wide web at its best!

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    I defer to the elders of the group. Edit my previous post to include the phrase "Holy Cow... That stuccoing the carpet idea just HAS to work!!!".

Posted by an average Nut, circa 2/15/54.

PS... I really do think it'd work.
    Well I think despite my elder status clout of two weeks it is trumped by a man with one of the biggest "Ridge Poles" in the west.