Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwood mill ?

Norwood mill ?

A Norwood mill, model ml26 is for sale close by. Looks dang near new. They said they used this spring and now find they want a larger unit on wheels like a woodmizer.
    They asking $2200. Seems fair if the thing is any good. I can't find many comments online. Anyone have - had - or offer up any opinions on this thing?

Blog Entries
    New, the 9 horse is about $4,000.
    The 13 horse, it's about $4500.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Has the bigger Honda running it. Puts it about half price of new but is it any good and worth that price I guess I need to know. Mills seem to be everywhere including the woodmizers (way more $$ of course) in ads and auctions. If all I use for is to cut boards for flooring, maybe some rough hewn siding for out buildings and the like, a smaller unit could be enough.?
    I trust Honda engines but how good the rest of this bugger is I cannot even guess at. They likes it - and they also are selling it. Can't put to much into what they said based on that or am I being overly skeptical?

Blog Entries
    Rob,

Don't know much about that mill but I do know that if you buy the used one you'll pay about as much as I have invested in my Harbor Freight mill with a 6.5 horse Honda. Buy it and I'll trade you for mine. Seems dirt cheap to me.

Blog Entries
    Look it over well before you buy. They seem to be all around so they can't be really bad. But make sure you check it out.
    edkemper

Feel the Bern!

Rob;

if you don't buy it please drop me a email or pm. I am in market.
    I know of a couple Norwoods in use in area and seem to be liked pretty well. Hard to pass up at 50% discount in good shape. Real hard.
    keep me posted puhleeeeze

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Rob;
    We have the Norwood Lumbermate 2000 and have been very pleased with it. We have had it for 6-8 years ? time flies when your having fun. I don't know anything about the one you are talking about but the Norwood products we have bought including the ad on bells and whistles have been good quality stuff. We bought some things we haven't really had chance to use much but the machine is very user friendly. One thing though the Norwoods usually come in boxes and you put it all together [took us 3-4 days] buying one already put together means you really need the manuals. If you put it together yourself when something breaks you know how to fix it.

Blog Entries
    There you go. A report from someone we know and trust. Now I'm going to have to look into them.
    edkemper

Feel the Bern!

Mad as heck at myself for not just grabbing it - they sold it for a measly $2100. They had to act quick on the WM they found as it was dirt cheap they said and .... their gain and my loss I guess. That thing looked so new and fresh.
    Back to looking and learned one thing - hesitation can bite ya.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone - it'll either be the Norwood or Mizer now for sure. If I had just a bit more info I would not have passed on this baby....but great to know they a solid company.
    Thanks again to all

Rob

Don't sweat it. It's just like used cars, there will always be good deals around. Member's side after the class will give you more opportunities to buy/sell also.