Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Safe

Gun Safe

I just decided that the number of firearms added to the number of grandchildren has exceeded the safety level. I need a gun safe.
    Any recommendations from you that have them? I really like Patriot, but they cost a pretty penny.

I mentioned it before, there is only one gun safe that is truly a safe, and not just a pretty face.

Sturdy Gun Safe Mfg out of Fresno, CA
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Blog Entries
    well, I'm pretty happy with my Winchester.
    Got it from LHN's store and it was a pretty good deal.

almost time for a new one.......
    JD

Blog Entries
    Home Depot sold Centurion Safes, by Liberty. I bought one at christmas twice. Christmas because they went on sale cheap each year. I have no complaints and they each claim to hold about 20 long guns. No one is walking off with them (approx 500# each) and only a pro will be able to get into them without the combinations. Best thing I ever did for my security and safety for family keepsakes.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

I'm not an expensive gun case guy, but then, I'm not an expensive gun guy. I have three of my grandfather's guns from the 30's - 50's, but they're all in the $300-$400 range, nothing special in the gun world, just sentimental value. So I've just got the $99 5 gun special from Wal-Mart. I just have to realize it's the minimum and will only keep the honest people honest. I really just got it to keep them locked up when the kids were younger. And if the house burns, warn the fire department that there are several hundred rounds of ammo that are going to cook off.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    I mentioned it before, there is only one gun safe that is truly a safe, and not just a pretty face.

Sturdy Gun Safe Mfg out of Fresno, CA
    +1 to this. I don't have one yet but with all the research that I've conducted it seems far and away to highest quality safe for the price-point.

RR, which size and interior do you have?

Yup, to all, do the research. I don't have one yet either. But I plan on getting model 3627 with the standard "#2" interior once the home is built.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

I own a lot of guns and started researching gun safes. I looked and researched off and on for a few years. I finally ordered one online from Patriot Safes.
    To say I am pleased is an understatement. You can actually put in an online bid for a new safe. I did, and got a nice keybad safe delivered to my door. The
    quality exceeds or equals most that I researched and the price I paid was excellent. I have around 25 guns in it. It also has led lights inside it as well.

The construction and design is excellent! Research them, and look what they have. I need another safe for personal belongings and I will be buying from them again!!
    Last edited by jasonfromutah; 08-05-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Just another thought... After experiencing the terrible wildfires here in Oklahoma two weeks ago, I have something to add that you may not have thought about! Our friends had a gun safe (don't remember the brand) that was in their business, which was a total loss. The safe was rated to 1500 degrees for 30 minutes or something like that, don't remember for sure. However, when they opened it, there was nothing but metal parts and ash - ammo exploded as well. Some of the guns were antique ones that Rick had just put in the safe after the death of his father about a month ago... Most everything in their building was ash and metal parts, and it was a metal building!