panderson03

update

Rate this Entry
since my last post, we've finished chinking and cleaning chinking off of the logs. since this is just the garage we chose not to sand the log walls. I've been sort of worried that the fussies that remained on some logs after powerwashing would gather dust and really BUG me.
turns out, the brass brush we used to remove the post-chinking mess also cleans up the fuzzies really well!! cool!

we've been getting up ledgerboards, joist brackets and just last week got the last of the loft floor joists up. didn't want a WaVy floor, so altered the height of the bracket based on the actual measurements of each individual joist. I was AMAZED at how that varied!!

this weekend we'll level the joists on the girder and put up 3/4 tongue and groove plywood. THEN we'll put in garage doors. I'm really looking forward to that part!! time to evict the chipmunks

Submit "update" to Facebook Submit "update" to Twitter Submit "update" to del.icio.us Submit "update" to StumbleUpon Submit "update" to Digg Submit "update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your place is looking Great! You along with the other Members "in process" continue to inspire us. Thank you also for contributing your time here in the forums/blog. What a wonderful way this has all grown to help so many.

Tom
    agreed tom it's alot of fun for us to watch these builds go up and do inspire us thanks panderson for posting your progress!