Mosseyme

Our world

Rate this Entry
A few pictures of our world this summer and fall. It took 1 hour to drive 1/2 mile up the drive when I left a few days ago.
Due to all the pictures I had to take along the way. The colors are so vivid the wood just glow.

Submit "Our world" to Facebook Submit "Our world" to Twitter Submit "Our world" to del.icio.us Submit "Our world" to StumbleUpon Submit "Our world" to Digg Submit "Our world" to Google

Updated 08-08-2013 at 05:00 PM by Mosseyme

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, Mosseyme! Gorgeous! Thanks for posting them. Sara
    beautiful, Miss Mossey thanks for sharing them with us!!
    Mossey,

I was looking through your photobucket. My hat's off to you, for the incredible amount of hard work you guys are putting in to your cabin. This from a self proclaimed work-aholic.

Unbelievable. Your logs are huge too. You will have a beautiful home to be proud of when you are finished. Glad to see you enjoying the journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Mossey,

I was looking through your photobucket. My hat's off to you, for the incredible amount of hard work you guys are putting in to your cabin. This from a self proclaimed work-aholic.

Unbelievable. Your logs are huge too. You will have a beautiful home to be proud of when you are finished. Glad to see you enjoying the journey.
    Timberwolf"
    We are doing our own logging because we have seen the after of professional loggers. We really can't afford the mule loggers and I don't know that they would do this anyway. We certainly take down some trees that we wish we could have avoided hitting but that is the nature of the game. We would have never cut these beautiful trees if the beetles weren't killing them. We have been on a race with the bugs to get them before they are useless. Once down they last pretty good but standing dead they deteriate very quickly once the top breaks out. We know it is very dangerous work and try to be safe and double safe, but still have had some near misses.
    We have about 25 more of the big ones left to down so we pray for safety, then we can get on with the building. We are heading out there tomorrow for about 10 days. Weather permiting we will get some more of them down and maybe dig a little on the footers.
    Your place is absolutely beautiful. I'm glad we don't have to deal with your temps. Good luck on the run to the finish. Wish we were closer. We hope we can get this dried in before we get to old to move.
    What a beautiful environment to be building in!