Mosseyme

Withdrawal

Rate this Entry
WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

Submit "Withdrawal" to Facebook Submit "Withdrawal" to Twitter Submit "Withdrawal" to del.icio.us Submit "Withdrawal" to StumbleUpon Submit "Withdrawal" to Digg Submit "Withdrawal" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

im not big fan of the new site : (
    I hope it will grow on me but not yet.
    I was wondering why nobody was posting...on the old site....forgot about the change.
    it does seem like the # of new entries has slowed down - or is it just me??
    I have a question for all. I am looking at possibly getting a security camera for putting up in the trees out at the mountain. Is there anything out there that would work on batteries, with minimal internet access by wireless, and no electricity available, and weather proof. Weather cam's maybe? Anyone have expertise or experience in this area.
    Hey Mossey. I don't have a complete answer for you but we got a GAME CAMERA. a couple hundred bucks and no internet connection but its battery powered (we're looking at how to make it solar powered) Its motion activated, takes an 8gig memory card, can do still photos (singles or 3 in a row) or 30 seconds of video at a shot. when we go up to the lake, we remove the current card and replace it with an empty one. gives us an idea of who's been there and what they were up to.
    not something we can monitor real-time from home though (which would be WONDERFUL.....).
    They do have some new game cameras that you can view from your computer, but they are high dollar (over $400). There are also some out there that are solar powered, using a 6v battery. I know harbor freight has some inexpensive security cameras, but I'm not sure of the logistics with no electricity and internet access.... Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinman502
    im not big fan of the new site : (
    me either.. i quit visting here for a long spell
    I notice a lot less posting too... it is kinda withdrawal...
    Fletch
    ps- I like the game camera idea, too. At least if I have pix of someone stealing my tools I could show the pix to the cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYcabinplannin
    I notice a lot less posting too... it is kinda withdrawal...
    Fletch
    ps- I like the game camera idea, too. At least if I have pix of someone stealing my tools I could show the pix to the cops.
    They work great caught the local hunt club on one of mine. The courts gave them a little fine. didnt help I found candybar wrapers this year google game cameras they have some that will call your blackberry and download if you can get a cell signal? big bucks though