Log Home Journey

Log Home Journey Begins

Rate this Entry
So far we've purchased the land and got the trees cut and racked, now the real fun begins. Peel, peel, peel

Attachment 39Attachment 41Attachment 40Attachment 42

Submit "Log Home Journey Begins" to Facebook Submit "Log Home Journey Begins" to Twitter Submit "Log Home Journey Begins" to del.icio.us Submit "Log Home Journey Begins" to StumbleUpon Submit "Log Home Journey Begins" to Digg Submit "Log Home Journey Begins" to Google

Updated 01-09-2011 at 10:08 PM by rkissinger

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've yet to peel a log, I'm looking forward to it actually, but the idea of peeling tham in the snow is extremely unpleasant for me. I keep picturing my feet at the end of the day all blistered and shriveled. A few years back I accompanied my oldest nephew on a cub scout walk around a frozen lake. The feets weren't pretty by the end of the day. Wear some good footware! Good luck and thanks for posting the blog!
    Updated 01-09-2011 at 05:11 PM by ccosborne3 (I am a perfectionest!)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosborne3
    I've yet to peel a log, I'm looking forward to it actually, but the idea of peeling tham in the snow is extremely unpleasant for me. I keep picturing my feet at the end of the day all blistered and shriveled. A few years back I accompanied my oldest nephew on a cub scout walk around a frozen lake. The feets weren't pretty by the end of the day. Wear some good footware! Good luck and thanks for posting the blog!
    I was looking forward to peeling logs until I did a couple, now I'm looking forward to being done Actually it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's tedious, but not as physically exhausting as I predicted. Luckily I spend my childhood tromping around in the snow so it doesn't bother me too much, damn right about warm boots though.
    Where is your project? Would you like some cheap help? I have two friends who desparately want to help build a log home for the experience. They will work for food just for the experience.
    RK,

any progress/update?
    I'm just about to start so I'm curious as to the progress from winter cut to summers end.
    Thanks.
    JD