volunteer log peelers

garage frost wall

more garage logs

girder, RPSLs, RP

rafters

clean logs

post staining; first row of chinking

putting up rafters

Submit "garage build summary" to Facebook Submit "garage build summary" to Twitter Submit "garage build summary" to del.icio.us Submit "garage build summary" to StumbleUpon Submit "garage build summary" to Digg Submit "garage build summary" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome job! I noticed the ICF's on the bottom. Can you help me understand? Is that to insulate the slab better so that it is not as susceptible to cracking with the temp changes??? Or just an easy way to make the footers? Trying to learn, understand as much as I can~~Thank you!
    hi there, more corners.
    ICf allowed us to simply and easily erect the walls ourselves (for the garage frost wall and the cabin's walk out basement). we chose 8" core of cement, though they have 10" as well. and there is 2.5 inches of insulation on the inside and outside which makes heating more efficient.

we used Fox Blocks because the local big box store carried them and we could easily get more if we initially under estimated

I hope this helps
    Awesome! Is there a reason for only one garage door? And what are you planning a loft? Always liked the idea of a Loft apartment above the garage.

Very cool to see your progress.
    hello Travman. there's only one garage door on the east side. there are 2 more on the north side thanks
    These are awesome! Do you have any inside finished pictures?
    This looks very straightforward. Thanks for posting!
    Not to sound to much like a newbie. Where are you located in mi? How big was your garage and who developed plans and prints for it? Did you get them from lhba? Did you pour a footing or is it all ICF on a rock base? 42 inch depth? I've heard some have incorporated PEX into slabs for radiant heating. Is this an option in a garage and did you do that? You pour the slab after the roof was on?

Thanks.

Building in the Standish area.

Phil