Poppy's Pinons

Log Hunt in Colorado?

Rate this Entry
Is there anyone out there who has had experience finding your logs in Colorado? Just finished the class end of May and have model built but worried about locating the logs. Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Submit "Log Hunt in Colorado?" to Facebook Submit "Log Hunt in Colorado?" to Twitter Submit "Log Hunt in Colorado?" to del.icio.us Submit "Log Hunt in Colorado?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Log Hunt in Colorado?" to Digg Submit "Log Hunt in Colorado?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My husband and I just attended the September class and we live in Colorado. We have land in Red Feather Lakes, CO and we're going to break ground next summer. Finding the logs will be step 1. I am trying to find other members in Colorado to see who our 'peeps' are going to be throughout this journey! Give a shout out if you're building in Colorado or Southern Wyoming. My member status should be updated in the next few days. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by grzelkin
    My husband and I just attended the September class and we live in Colorado. We have land in Red Feather Lakes, CO and we're going to break ground next summer. Finding the logs will be step 1. I am trying to find other members in Colorado to see who our 'peeps' are going to be throughout this journey! Give a shout out if you're building in Colorado or Southern Wyoming. My member status should be updated in the next few days. Thanks!

My name is alfonso . I was the other person In the September class that is going to Colorado . I plan on breaking ground next summer as well.
    There is a "jack of all trades" type of mountain business on the north side of 74e, across from the Western Ridge restaurant on the way to RFL. It is a Sagert family business of father and sons who have been rumored to do some custom logging. Try contacting them about the possibility of getting logs.
    [QUOTE=grzelkin;bt341]My husband and I just attended the September class and we live in Colorado. We have land in Red Feather Lakes, CO and we're going to break ground next summer. Finding the logs will be step 1. I am trying to find other members in Colorado to see who our 'peeps' are going to be throughout this journey! Give a shout out if you're building in Colorado or Southern Wyoming. My member status should be updated in the next few days. Thanks![/QUOTE]

See my post, below FONZY, about a log contact possibility near RFL.
    Haven't been on for a while, but thanks for the reply rogermdi04!!!! I know Sagert and the family business - he did our driveway in Crystal Lakes several years ago. Where are you located?
    [QUOTE=grzelkin;bt341]My husband and I just attended the September class and we live in Colorado. We have land in Red Feather Lakes, CO and we're going to break ground next summer. Finding the logs will be step 1. I am trying to find other members in Colorado to see who our 'peeps' are going to be throughout this journey! Give a shout out if you're building in Colorado or Southern Wyoming. My member status should be updated in the next few days. Thanks![/QUOTE]

My husband & I attend the LHBA class I think in 96.
    We have decided to sell our 75 PEELED HOUSE LOGS, have 35x35 LHBA log plans also, if you are interested in purchasing them, please contact me at 719-651-0853. They are located in Elbert, Co between Denver & Colorado springs. We have also decided to sell the 40 Acres, with Barn, Septic, Well, Drive & electricity is all in. $210,000.
    I do know a logger who will move them, my husband has some medical problems, so that is why we are selling them.Thanks, Cindy