All Blog Entries

1. Pictures

edited,edited

Updated 08-08-2013 at 05:14 PM by Mosseyme

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Made it to Alaska, now awaiting the next step...

I finally made it to Alaska.

Here is my old LHBA blog: http://www.loghomebuilders.org/blogs/gen2600

I'm currently in Homer, Alaska at my girlfriends place, waiting on the snow to break up so I can begin the real work. I've got a buddy that is going to run a dozer down my road and scrape off the cabin site after things break up in Fairbanks.

Once that's done, I'm going to purchase everything I need to make my piers and buy a water tank and get to work! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Bowmanslogcabin.blogspot. com

4. Moved

Got to mainland usa. In Seattle now and starting our adventure of looking for a temporary place to live while we gather tools and supplies. Jess has to sign into the unit in a couple of weeks. Before then trying to find somewhere without drama. I know, good luck with that one. Trip was uneventful. Have to get used to the time change. Rain and clouds. Quite a change from the island. Had to say bye to the beach house, but really looking forward to finding some land in the next couple of months. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Just Purchased 80' Crane

Just bought this crane to use to set and stack the logs for my upcoming build.
    I decided to get a crane vs a telehandler given that its reach, safety, and lifting capacities seemed like a better solution.
    Its a 15 ton Grove RT 58 with a 60' telescopic arm plus it has an additional 20' jib that makes the reach of the arm 80'.
    It can hoist im told by Grove up to 18 tons....so im thinking it will easily handle any size log that i need to move.
    Tags: logs, telehandler Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crane a.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crane pic 3.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crane pic 6.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crane b.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crane pic 4.jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	125  

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast