All Blog Entries

1. Finally, its ours!!!

At times it seemed like the first step would never happen, but on June 9th, 2011 we signed the papers and became the proud owners of 55 acres. Its a long drive to get there, its up in the mountains, but it has good access, lots of trees, and a good building site.

We spent all day there on the 10th. We made a campfire, cooked hot dogs for lunch, hiked around some of the trails, took some measurements to get an idea for setbacks, and let the boys shoot their .22 at some makeshift ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. problem solved

well, we decided DH will stop working for the summer so we can get back to building. will be at the job site pretty much full time starting Saturday June 11th.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. First pics

http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z424/kennit828/

Pics from last summer, our first time seeing the property.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Our cabin get-a-way

My name is Ken Whitmore and I live in a small town in western Washington, not too far from Tacoma. I have always wanted a piece of property for a get-a-way for me and my family, and the ultimate dream would be to build my own log cabin. This dream started a long time ago, before I found the LHBA, before Dick Proenneke became famous on PBS.
    I remember going on a camping trip with my wife in the mid 90's and found ourselves looking at land for sale. We almost pulled the trigger back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. cabin building season 2011

well the weather's warmed up and the spring mud has dried but we still have not restarted building the log garage and cabin. by this time last year we'd already spent 2months worth of weekends clearing the buiding sites and had an excavator lined up. we were working on dismantling the porch and getting ready to move the trailer around a year ago. but this year things are a bit more complicated. my husband's job has him working every weekend and I work during the week. we're very grateful he was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast