All Blog Entries

1. Purchased land

Hello all LHBA,

I'm going to make an effort to blog though out my build, seeing as I enjoy looking though other builds and it seems helpful. The last month has been a crazy one for me but I officially own 6.7 acres in Gypsum, Co. It was a foreclosure piece which created a headache every step of the way. I also managed to get a another vehicle and another job and move onto my property all in June. I will be rocking the pop up camper at least tell winter when I hope to have some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. moral dilemma AKA RP is up!

when we got to the lake Friday evening, the LULL which was supposed to be picked up during the week, was STILL THERE on our property!

what's a poor owner-builder to do??

despite feeling a bit of a moral twinge, we used the lull to set the RP!

we'd rented the Lull for June. sometime mid June the rental company sold it to a guy in Fergus falls. when we last talked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. mid season update 2012

just a quick post to summarize our activities so far this building season.

We had such a mild winter that we were able to begin weekly visits to the build in mid March.
    -we got the solar array set up again (after being smashed by the big Ash Tree falling down late last season).
    -got the well pump working reliably again (just needed a steady power supply)
    -obtained stain samples for garage and cabin exterior and interior.
    -rented a Lull for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Does a log home have to be a big box?

So many log homes look like a giant box with a roof. Is this because of simplicity to build or building code restrictions?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Placing order for logs today - have question.

Quote Originally Posted by That is plumb level View Post
    I mainly dealt with Tony Parks, the owner or one of the owners. He is out of the country for 2 weeks starting yesterday.

Clay showed me around the place when I visited, and I briefly met Tony then also. I'm basically going to be dealing with Clay now that I've placed my order. Clay is also the transportation manager, and will probably be the one driving the truck delivering my logs.

They've responded to a couple of e-mails, but phone calls are the best. Phone
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast