All Blog Entries

1. Calling all members in Utah/California/Arizona

Hello all,
    We're from the UK and were blown away by the course we just finished a few days ago in Las Vegas - can't wait to get started! We're in South Utah at the moment, about to tour Zion and Yosemite, on our way back to San Francisco for Friday. Really keen to see some log homes and meet some members in the next few days - if you're free and willing, would be great if you could get in touch. We're on mobile 0044 7970 076 881. Needless to say we're happy to help with labour too, with the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. ridgepole is up!

now we're waiting on the arrival of the rafters and floor joists there's still hope we'll be weathered in by snow fall!!

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Windows in and chinking begins

The MI windows turned out to be a good choice of vinyl slider and casement windows. Good mechanisms and nice easy sliding. We've also began the chinking process as well.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Anyone Use ELM? for the sawmill

I was able to pick up nine, 10 foot sections of ELM trees this weekend.

I am wanting to make 4x8 or 4X10's or even board/batten lumber with my new sawmill that I purchased.

Has anyone used ELM before? Will it withstand the stresses of a porch roof or joists, etc?
    Some of the sections are 36 inches around. 3 sections are 20-30 inches, 4 are 12-20 inches in diameter.

I purchased the Harbor Freight Mill on sale with 20% off coupon, delivered to my door for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. RPSL's and other things

got the East and West RPSLs up this weekend. hope to get the center RPSL up next weekend as well as the Ridgepole. that will give us the whole next week to work on rafters!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast