All Blog Entries

1. Foundation

Well, we have been busy! Between renting our mini excavator to dig out the foundation, getting 40 tons of gravel and fill sand delivered (and then wheelbarrowed and shoveled around to get our slab above grade), placing our plumbing and electrical in and waiting on inspections, and getting our rebar and forms up (which we are still finishing), we have gotten our first concrete pour done! We now have a slab foundation under the bathroom, masonry heater, center rpsl, and partial bedroom! Oh, and not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Up to the 4th course

Hey people, posted a new blog- we're up to the 4th course- my wife made a video of us lifting log #16.

loghomejourney.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/up-to-the-4th-course/
  3. How to make your own triple blocks for less than $45

Hi guys & gals-

we're in the middle of the 4th course (it's been raining a lot here for the past month, so progress has been slow), thought I'd share how I made some triple blocks for pretty cheap. And they work pretty good, too- just lifted a log that was 6' 5" around at the base and 50+ feet long- I put my homemade triples on the heavy end, and they didn't complain. worked better than the "#6" mediums I had on the light end.

Enjoy: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com...-less-than-45/
  4. 1st layer done

5. Houston- we have liftoff

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast