All Blog Entries

1. Disaster then hope

20FEB17

Wow, the last few days have yielded a series of severe ups and downs. Just finished the LHBA log home class for my second time and it was a great decision to go again. Thought I'd be a little bored listening to it all over again but Steve and Ellsworth did a great job as usual and I still learned a lot that I didn't catch in the first class.

The last conversation I had with my logger prior to flying out to Vegas was the logs would be cut and delivered before ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Getting ready for Spring

07FEB17:

Been a while it seems since last activity, but winter in WI isn't real conducive to getting outdoor work done. Time to shit or get of the pot now as they say. So here's our recent activity and timeline:

Logger called last week and hopes to have the logs delivered this coming month. Real helpful guy. He was able to answer my questions about the log yard set-up also. I need to get at least 3 sacrificial trees cut down and dragged into place to put the logs ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dealing with our utilities company

4. On the edge of change....

5. our model

Ok, here it is: our model for a 40x40 . Logs are made out of strips of grocery store paper bags, spiraled and glued so they match the taper of our real logs. Scale is 1/4" = 1 foot. The white walls in the photos are about 9" thick when they should really be about 5"-6" thick, but everything else is pretty darn close to scale.

It's not done- still missing the wrap around porch, the pier foundation, the roof with the sleepers, the stove pipe top, a piano with 88 ...
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast