Blog Comments

for sure!! how's YOUR roof coming?
    Congratulations! I know what you mean about the view-- our best view is from up on top of the roof, a view we're not going to have any more once the metal is on.
    it was in low 60s two weeks ago when we were up there - the whole family! low's in the teens next week - probably won't get back up there for a while...

you have gotten sooo much done! Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Upers
    Great progress!! got snow this weekend? That is a really nice view and great lot!
    thanks Pat. wish we had the metal on like you do, though! no snow on the ground up there yet. its snowed a few times already but warmed up enough to quickly melt thank goodness. how about you? got snow?
    Great progress!! got snow this weekend? That is a really nice view and great lot!
    thanks Slamasha it IS lovely. we can only get this view from way up in the tele. that's the garage roof in the foreground.too bad its not the view we'll have from the deck off the loft but with a little judicious tree trimming that view should be nice too!
    Woo-hoo! What a view!
    pic of the cabin roof. got 3 rows of snow and ice guard at the end and normal titanium the rest of the way up the roof
    Updated 11-01-2014 at 06:53 PM by panderson03
    thanks Slamasha! thanks Mossey! you've got that right; covered is good
    all in good time!
    Great guys, I hope you get metal, I know we won't but covered is good.
    Congrats! Good luck with closing the cabin for the winter!
    thanks Sara. I bet after you've recovered from your busy 2012, you'll ROCK!! enjoy the resting season while it lasts
    Congratulations! I hope we get as much done in 2013 (2012 was a washout in terms of the log house, but got a lot done in other areas of life). You guys are really charging forward!
    Your place is looking Great! You along with the other Members "in process" continue to inspire us. Thank you also for contributing your time here in the forums/blog. What a wonderful way this has all grown to help so many.

Tom
    Good job looks great. Mike
    I'm the 1st to post on your Blog? WoW! Congrats to you! Looks Awesome! I hope you get snowed in for a bit, all that work you completed last year you need to rest up.

Tom
    Looking really good looks huge wish we were doing that now
    waiting for it to be dry enough to put up the metal roofing. I hate waiting...
    so here's some pictures of this years building season

got 2 temporary GSL and a girder up in the cabin and the first floor rafters, so we could backfill

finished putting up log walls up on the garage, RPSLs and RP up.

put up rafters (26' 4x10's 24" on center so 24 sets of rafters)
    Quote Originally Posted by blane
    Is this your garage? Looks great!
    thanks Blane. YES this is our garage. since this is the first time we've built using BnP we wanted to be sure we did a practice structure before we started stacking logs on the cabin. this garage is 36x36 (bigger than the cabin which is 35x35!). 9 ft ceiling on the first floor and 8.5 ft head clearance just to the right/left of the ridgepole on the second floor/loft.

thanks Sara! this milestone sure did a lot for re energizing us

JRDAVIS, we're renting a telehandler for a few months this building season. it had NO TROUBLE at all lifting that ridgepole up on to the RPSL's, I'm happy to say. that WAS something we worried about but turned out to be no problem at all

will keep the tele on site to help lift roofing material and then if there's any time left in the month, maybe we'll even get a few logs stacked on the cabin (I know, I'm dreaming)

no, we ended up getting our rafters and joists through a place called 'probuild'. they were able to match the total price we would have paid for the cheapest ones we'd found, which was BLANE's supplier in Tennessee.

hopefully the lumber will arrive late this week so we can start placing rafters this weekend. if not, we wait...

onward and upward!!
    Updated 08-22-2011 at 10:37 AM by panderson03
    Is this your garage? Looks great!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast