Nick

1. Promises, promises....

12SEP16: As usual, my "hoped" for schedule for this weekend at the land didn't plan out as originally thought. Found out at last minute that my youngest had a CC meet out of town, and since I never miss a race, I altered our clearing plans and spent the rest of the day after the race with a GPS and compass flagging our boundaries so the logger can see where he's allowed to cut. Had to wade through 40 acres of full grown blackberries to find 100 year old barb wire which only showed itself ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Address & Driveway

07SEP16: After a little run around about who is supposed to do what, we received our temporary address today - Yay! Now I have to meet with the local township's "driveway guy" to get his approval on the location of the future driveway. Hopefully this weekend I can rent another bulldozer/mini-excavator to start clearing some land for our future garage and make room for the logs.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. First Entry

Figured if i'm going to do this, might as well include the nitty gritty for anal retentive question askers like me I hope to make an entry every time a significant step is accomplished, so today is the day. Here we go:

30AUG16: Finally ordered the plans bundle for the 35' x 35' build today. We are going to start the garage first and pay as we go. Hope to get water and electric out there this fall yet and order logs this coming month for the garage. Needed the plans to figure ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234