Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Trees & Telehandler

18OCT16: Big developments this week! Finally found an affordable tele-handler not overly far from us and also committed to the trees for our garage build in Spring. After watching the auction sites for months, I found an older Lull 644-TT-34 Highlander II listed for 12K on Craigslist with a lot of maintenance and repairs already finished. Haggled over the phone for a couple days and got him down to 9k. Brother-in-law has CDL and we're renting his company's truck for 1k to go and get it this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Log Yard complete

07OCT16: Drove up to visit the land yesterday and what a difference. The excavator has completed the clearing of the log yard and driveway area. I've contracted him for two more days to clear out the area for the house and garage and we should be set. Have an appointment next weekend to head up north and pick out our logs.

Log yard area before clearing:

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Excavator vs. glacial boulders

28SEP16: Excavator arrived today to start clearing the boulders from the future site. Main goal is to get driveway, log yard and house & garage site cleared up. Our site is unique in that in sits exactly where the Lomira and Green Bay glacial lobes collided. This means boulders, and lots of them. We decided to use the boulders about 10 yards in from the roadway as a tall wall for privacy and noise blocking. Turns out we will have more than enough for a 8' tall by about 500' wall. Not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Plans arrived!

Exciting day Friday as the full package of plans and study plans showed up. I might have worried the UPS guy a little bit with my excitement as he kept walking faster down the driveway and looking over his shoulder....

Went back up to the land on Sunday to see if we could get the kazillion ton wood chipper unstuck, but the rain just won't quit. Did get a chance to get the chips out of my trail cameras though. Looks like I better get my bow out!

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 5 days brushing = near death

19SEP16: So a good friend of mine that runs a landscaping outfit offered the free use of his wood chipper and mini-excavator for five days. I had been dreading the necessary brushing job that needed to be done, but couldn't pass it up. 5 days later we had successfully cleared about 3 acres of solid popple and blackberry's. Main tool was a commercial grade brush cutter with a chipper blade. Today I can barely get out of bed. I'd post pics but can't seem to figure out why it won't let me. The ...

Updated 09-19-2016 at 05:28 PM by Nick

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast