Nick

1. Log craziness

17MAR17:

Seriously about ready to kill someone or something. Anything. Haven't been this frustrated in can't remember when. STILL trying to nail down a log supplier and just spent the whole afternoon with follow up phone calls to potential suppliers. Three guys now have told me they can help at a good price only to back out when I wanted to get a firm date or give them a down payment. Just got off the phone with the local guy that said he could help me out last month, but now ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Surprising good news

28FEB17:

While our resurrected log search continues, I did get some good news this morning from our building inspector and plans draftsman (draftswoman?). Since we are starting with our garage first I was worried that it might not be allowed as the county that we reside in doesn't allow separated structure's to be built prior to the main residence, however, we're building one county over so I made the call this morning. Amazing what a few miles difference makes. Not only can we ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Disaster then hope

20FEB17

Wow, the last few days have yielded a series of severe ups and downs. Just finished the LHBA log home class for my second time and it was a great decision to go again. Thought I'd be a little bored listening to it all over again but Steve and Ellsworth did a great job as usual and I still learned a lot that I didn't catch in the first class.

The last conversation I had with my logger prior to flying out to Vegas was the logs would be cut and delivered before ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Getting ready for Spring

07FEB17:

Been a while it seems since last activity, but winter in WI isn't real conducive to getting outdoor work done. Time to shit or get of the pot now as they say. So here's our recent activity and timeline:

Logger called last week and hopes to have the logs delivered this coming month. Real helpful guy. He was able to answer my questions about the log yard set-up also. I need to get at least 3 sacrificial trees cut down and dragged into place to put the logs ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ready for logs

27NOV16: We're finally ready to receive our logs. Wow, what a lot of work! Site is 95% cleared and ready. Here's my best before and after pictures:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

The telehandler was key as it allowed me to drag/pick-up the trees the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast