PDA

View Full Version : Log Home Insurance + House Inspect + Renov + Ontario,Canada

skhousto
10-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows what the average price for insuring a log home in GTA? Best places to go to get insurance in Ontario, specifically GTA?

In addition, anyone recommends house inspectors for inspecting log homes? and contractors to help with renovating a log house in GTA?

Sarah

skhousto
10-05-2005, 05:55 AM
Hi

Im really in a need of log home inspector? any referrals or suggestions, please?

Regular home inspectors (Ontario Association of Home Inspectors) are very nervous sayings yes to me, Im noticing. Home Inspectors are recommending that I get a log home builder to inspect it also, which we want to consider if they are any out there willing to do that. Can anyone recommend anyone etc?

Sarah

RockEngineer
10-05-2005, 06:41 AM
I don't have any personal referrals in Ontario but you may get a better result from log home inspection if you find a person who specializes in log home restoration rather than log home building. The builder may only be familiar with one style of log home building where a person with lots of experience in restoration will probably be familiar with many types of log home construction. The restoration person also should know all the problem areas to look for where the builder may not.

You can search for log home restoration companies on the internet or possibly work through International Log Builders Association which has members all over Canada.

Good Luck. :lol:

skhousto
10-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi

Thanks for the advice on log home restoration companies. Im trying to contact a bunch now.. Ill let u know what happens

If anyone works for log home restoration company and does work in Greater Toronto Region, let me know. :lol:

Cheers
Sarah

skhousto
10-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Hi

Just to let you know, I got in touch with a home restoration company and an insurance company that is willing to insure the home.

But if anyone has suggestions still, let me know.

Thanks
Sarah