PDA

View Full Version : Sep 14/15 class from Edmonton Alberta Canada

brent217
09-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi all, I signed up for the class a few days ago, and will be driving down from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Anyone else going from here that wants to split the cost of gas?

By the way, if you pay for the course in US dollars by VISA, VISA charges you 969.56 Canadian (will change daily by a few pennies). If you pay for the course in Canadian dollars you have to pay 981 Canadian, so you can be thrifty and save a few bucks by not using the exchange rate on the payment page.

I am hoping to stay in the Wallace Falls Lodge, but they have not replied to my email yet.

Also, I am at work (out in the field in the Alberta Oilpatch) and do not have a passport. I was told by a friend you don't need one, just a licence and birth certificate to get into the USA, can anyone confirm this? I talked to the passport office but they need time, money, and a day or two of me running around to get me a passport, so I would rather not unless it is absolutely necessary.

Brent

Pete
09-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi Brent.
A passport is not required yet, but will be in the future. I believe sometime late next year it will be mandatory to have one.

I also work in the oil patch, but in Ontario, and just returned home from this past weekend's class, and LOVED it!

By the way...I found a bank in Munroe that changed currency at around 13% exchange. Thought you might like to know!

Pete

russ
09-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Hi Brent,

My dad and I took the class back in march of 2003, and I have been dreaming and planing ever since.

I recently sold my house in Edmonton and I am currently looking for land around Edmonton to build on.

Glad to know someone else from Edmonton is taking the class, you won't be
disappointed.

Russ