PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Collo
07-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Hello,
Just posting to introduce myself.
My name's Collo (shortened surname) and I'm from Liverpool,England.
The Missus and I are shortly selling our present home and hoping to move up the coast about 30 miles to an area called Churchtown,Southport.
Southport is an old and long established seaside resort where some people holiday but mostly it's where families visit for a day out.

Anyhoo, we've been looking for a suitable house for three months or so and my wife has fallen in love with an area we went to to look at a house.
It's on a road in the middle of the countryside and there are only about 10 houses there.
The house we inspected has suffered from severe subsidence ( common problem for the area) and has been underpinned. The seller is asking for a silly amount of money at the moment.
We're hoping that we may one day be able to buy it at a sensible price, demolish it and build a small house in its place.
Jokingly I told the Missus that we should build a log cabin....didn't expect her to actually say OK!....and that basically is why I'm here, via Google.

I've always liked the idea of a log house ever since I watched a few TV programmes about building one. One show was a US one called The Log Cabin, which made me laugh as it turned out to be more of a log Mansion.
Another was a British show, but the house was imported from the US.

I'll probably be reading more than posting and look forward to being educated in all things related to log cabins/house/mansions.

rreidnauer
07-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Welcome aboard Collo!! Please don't be shy about asking questions. That's what makes a message board what it is. :)

Collo
08-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks,Rod.

Right then..erm...what are the winning lottery numbers for next week. :wink:

rreidnauer
08-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Let me check the back of my fortune cookie slip. :wink: