PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Matt F.
07-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Hey all. I'm Matt. I've been visiting this site for about 6 months or so, and finally decided to join the forums. I've wanted a log home for as long as I can remember, but never thought I could build it myself. Now, I'm getting excited about the idea. I haven't been to the class yet, but plan to sometime in the next 18 months.

I figured it was never too early to say "hi" and start meeting people. If there is anyone in the NH area that has taken the class, and is/will be building their own home and would like some help, I'd love to start getting my hands into it!

JeffandSara
07-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi, Matt, and welcome!

I know there are a few people here on the forums in NH, and at least one couple building/plannig to build in Maine. Not sure anyone's started out there yet, but even getting together for a chat can be fun and informative. :D

New Hampshire's one of my favorite states. I envy you living/planning to build there! :D

Sara

rreidnauer
07-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Welcome Matt.

I don't know if you can view the memberlist or not, but if so, you might be able to scan the list for local folk.

I believe NH is one of the better "builder-friendly" states, as far as building codes and local gov't interferance goes, not?

Not to mention you sure got some nice lumber up that way. You're a lucky man.

Great to have you aboard.

Matt F.
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Hey folks, thanks for the warm welcome. I don't know too much about building codes around here. But if not NH, I think I'd like to build in VT. Not that it makes any difference with my knowledge of codes... oh well. I love the Northeast. I moved away for a couple years, and didn't think i was going to come back. The I started to realize how little I had appreciated "home," and moved back.

I can't believe I didn't think to check the memberlist. I'm not new to forums in general, and I really should have thought of that. Great suggestion!