PDA

View Full Version : How to post pictures on a thread

Ellsworth
06-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Here's how you can post a picture on a thread, so that it actually appears in your post (the picture itself, not just a link to the picture).

Start off with a fairly low-res jpeg that is small to med in size. I've been using jpegs sized around 640x480 or smaller.

Then you need to post the picture on the web??? www.photobucket.com seems to work a-ok. You'll need to set up a photobucket account, just click on the 'sign-up' link on their main page and follow the instructions. Photobucket is free and you can have multiple pages / accounts.

Once you register they will send you an email, you must click the link in the email to activate your account.

Log onto photobucket once you have an active account.

The next step is to 'upload' your jpeg to the photobucket website. Just click on the browse button and search for your jpeg on your computers hard drive. Click on the jpeg file name, then click the 'open' button??? then click 'submit' and presto your picture is in your online photo-album.

You'll note that there are 3 boxes beneath each picture you upload. You'll want to highlight the last one which is labeled 'Img' and paste that into your post. It has the proper tags already added to the URL.

When you submit your post on the forums your picture should appear embedded within your post :)

If you want to post a pic in a thread that is already somewhere on the web, just copy the URL and paste it between so that it looks like url

I think that about covers it. Hopefully this all makes sense, I'm not the most tech savvy person so my steps might not be 100% accurate but they should be close enough.

NetHog
06-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Ellsworth, there's another site that is useful for hosting (actually it's owned by photobucket.com but designed for specifically this purpose and thus a little easier to use)

browse to
http//www.tinypic.com
Browse to your jpg file via the "Browse" button
click "Host it"
it will give you a url, like http//www.tinypic.com/z3
place that between the and tags.