PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual LHBA Owner/Builder BBQ!

GrafikFeat
06-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Gentleman!
Kudos!
Well done...
Good food, good company, Great conversation!
Great prizes too!
Thanks so much! Can't wait for the next one...

judyzucati
06-05-2005, 10:13 AM
I didn't remember the climb being so steep and this morning I can barely pull myself upstairs to my room. LOL!

I wanted to tell the staff and fellow members that attended just how much I enjoyed the 1st Annual BBQ/Alumni Meeting. I left inspired and even more determined to build again.

Thanks to everyone for the great food and even better company. It was a treat to meet Ellsworth and Steve IRL and to make new friends with fellow builders.

Judy in Bellingham

Andythompson
06-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Okay!!!!........enough already!

Would somebody PLEASE tell us about the door prizes!!!!

I gotz to know.

GrafikFeat
06-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Okay!!!!........enough already!
Would somebody PLEASE tell us about the door prizes!!!!
I gotz to know.

I got 100 free logs! Awesome!

Actually some great tools... Hats, the "new" manual and a tool box...

(did i forget anything?)
A neat model was brought and there were a few photo albums...
A pretty cool afternoon!

Ellsworth
06-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Everybody seemed to have a great time at the BBQ, I know that Steve and I did. It was a real pleasure to see old friends, and to meet new ones too :)

About 40 people showed up and everything went off without a hitch. The food was excellent; served on time and it was truly 'all you could eat.' I don't think anyone left hungry lol.

It was announced at the meeting that the Association is now officially a non-profit! This is something we've been working on for a while and fits in well with our overall vision and mission. We'll be adding this news to the main page probably the next time we do an update.

The door prizes were a smashing success. We gave away 3 hats that had the standard certified log home builder patch sewn on the front. Six lucky people received a copy of the LHBANA Log Home Building Manual. We also had a set of 3 different sizes of channel lock pliers that someone won, and a huge set of files (about every size and shape of file that a person could ever use lol). The grand prize was a nice toolbox that had a carpenters level, tape measure, and construction knife inside.

The manuals seemed to be the 'hot prize' of the night. Luckily no fistfights broke out over them lol. We had a few manuals set out during the meeting and everybody had the chance to look through them??? the feedback I heard was all very positive.

I counted a total of 7 or 8 photo albums!

Of course Paul and Vanessa brought an album, showing their wonderful construction odyssey. It seems that their home is really close to being done. They just put in their stairs and they look great! I asked about their gravity feed water system and Paul said that it's been holding up very well and has been working great, which was good to hear.

Ric brought his album??? Ric is the person who built the log home of the month that had a turret on it. It was very neat looking at his turret under construction, and to hear how it was just an after-thought. It turns out that the county lost his plans shortly after he received his building permit, so he convienantly lost his set... which pretty much enabled him to make changes 'at will' lol.

Chris brought 3 albums all the way from Montana. Chris has helped a lot of members work on their homes over the years, so he had pics of probably 8 or 9 different projects in his albums. Chris helped build the shell of the Lucky Dog Lodge and had pictures of the 'house within a house' (very neat looking).

John and Janella brought their 2 albums (maybe 3)??? their house is looking really beautiful and it's almost done! They just passed their framing inspection with flying colors! Congratulations! They started building last July I believe, right before our first members meeting in 2004, and now the end is in sight.

2 folks brought their plans for members to check out. Folks sure seemed to gathered around them to gawk, ask questions and give feedback.

There was 1 lonely model. It was partially completed and it looked real good??? the builder was able to gain a great deal of insight by building his model, and is already planning to do a version 2 model just to make sure he has everything situated where he wants it. Hopefully we get a few more models at the next meeting.

Of course there was tons of great conversation, a never-ending supply of coffee, and it was truly great to see both new and old faces.

pdthct
06-05-2005, 06:04 PM
It was motivating to meet folks in various stages of progress from planning, to getting permits, to various stages of completion in construction. Plenty of pearls to be had. Good food and conversation.

NancyandRoy
06-06-2005, 05:51 PM
The trip from Oregon was well worth it. The food was great, the conversations with fellow members were enlightening and I won the prize that I coveted-- the new manual.

Thank you Ellsworth and Steve!!!!!

Roy

Steve
06-19-2005, 03:02 PM
A couple of photos from the party:

http://www.loghomebuilders.org/June-log-homes-bbq2.jpg

http://www.loghomebuilders.org/June-log-homes-bbq1.jpg

MMmmmm, I can still smell that BBQ smoker... I think we'll be using that caterer again... ;)

Steve

GrafikFeat
06-19-2005, 04:00 PM
A couple of photos from the party:

MMmmmm, I can still smell that BBQ smoker... I think we'll be using those folks again... ;)

Steve

SAY WHEN!!
:wink: