PDA

View Full Version : April Log Home of the Month - Wallace Falls Lodge

Steve
04-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Hi folks!

Another great log home of the month this month. You can see it here:

http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-home-pictures-17.htm

What do you think?

My apologies for not having pictures of every bedroom. The house is just so big that we ran out of supplies while hiking through it. ;)

Steve

GammaRae
04-06-2005, 09:22 PM
It is a pleasure to tell you all we are getting married this summer at the Wallace Falls Lodge. We have visited it a couple times already and it just gets better every time. Nearly everything was hand built by Tim and family, including the beds. Some of the headboards are incorporated with wine box tops - wine appears to be their theme.

As Steve mentioned, there are 10 guest rooms, ALL with privated bathrooms. They did a fantastic job and the staff on property is very pleasant and accomodating.

If you are in the area you MUST go stay for a night. If you will be going to the class it is a VERY convenient and appropriate place to stay.

Ellsworth
04-06-2005, 09:41 PM
It is a pleasure to tell you all we are getting married this summer at the Wallace Falls Lodge.

Hey congratulations GammaRae! That???s fantastic news :)

NordicPrincess
04-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Wow! Tim and Mary did an awesome job building this lodge! What a beautiful and peaceful place.
If a 9 year old can do such great work, there is definitely hope for me! :lol: She is obviously a special young lady.

GammaRae, Congratulations & best wishes to you & your fiancee!

Shanara

GrafikFeat
04-07-2005, 09:00 AM
I agree... A real beauty place. I've seen it on a few of my Steelhead excursions (that turn into land hunts!) :wink:

I should be as lucky if my home turns out half as nice.

My condolences on the wedding...
j/k

Jim

hawkiye
04-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Wow another beauty! Love those doors! Raised all the logs in 2 weeks with the help of his 9 year old daughter. So much for the naysayers!

Congrats GammaRae.

Blayne

GrafikFeat
04-07-2005, 11:39 PM
I meant to ask earlier, is this kid out for hire? With her on my crew of one I doubt I'll need Block & tackle after all... :shock: Must be something in the water...

:wink:

GammaRae
04-08-2005, 06:44 AM
I can tell you what I was told from Mary regarding their daughter helping -she ran the forklift.

NordicPrincess
04-08-2005, 12:39 PM
She ran the forklift?? Wow! :shock: Hmmm.... wonder if they will consider letting her fly over to New York when I get ready to build.
She may beat Skip's youngest builder who I believe was 13?
Shanara

vtbuilder
04-24-2005, 05:33 PM
So they used a forklift to put the logs in place?

What about the roof. Ten days by himself? I find that hard to believe, although that depends on what is meant by a "complete" roof system?

I'm nevertheless impressed!

Patrick

Noelle
04-27-2005, 08:16 AM
I am new here.
I also have just signed up for the class Memorial Weekend.
Looking forward to getting in on the discussions and seeing alot of cabin pics by memebers. :D

kyle
10-05-2005, 09:37 PM
I was going back through the pictures for Wallace Falls and noticed in the kitchen that there is a vertical log (click link below) in the corner of 2 log walls? Obviously this could have been a lifting pole that was left except they used a forklift.

Anyone know if this serves any structural purpose in this home or is it for show?

http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-homes-wfl-2567.jpg

Ellsworth
10-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Anyone know if this serves any structural purpose in this home or is it for show?

I believe it supports a 2nd floor ledger board. There are several vertical logs along the walls that serve that same function.

You can catch a glimpse of another one here http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-homes-wfl-2572.jpg -- and notice the beautiful log window frame! Tim used logs just about everywhere he could http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-homes-wfl-2579.jpg
http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-homes-wfl-2562.jpg (now that's a bed frame!).

kyle
12-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Just curious, was this home built on piers? Anyone who stayed there know?

Ellsworth
12-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Just curious, was this home built on piers? Anyone who stayed there know?
Wallace Falls Lodge is on a full basement iirc.

kyle
12-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Thanks Ellsworth!

akemt
06-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Sorry to drudge up this old post, but does anyone know just an approximate square footage of the lodge? I was also wondering how much living area it has to go with the 10 bedrooms? Thinking about how long it took them (or didn't) and how big my dream house is... ;)

JPL
11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
We were there today and they said it's a little over 6,000 square feet, three stories high and includes a basement. It's a beautiful building both inside and out. Thanks for all the recommendations that we got to make sure we stopped by to visit.

Also, we took a little more time and drove on up to Stevens Pass Ski Resort. It was nice to be able to get out and play in the snow.