PDA

View Full Version : Maglev Wind Turbine Power Plant

ponyboy
07-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Ah....big

Maglev Wind Turbine Power Plant can generate the same amount of energy annually as 5,475,000 barrels of oil.

http://magturbine.com/

rreidnauer
07-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Now you're talkin'!!!

That would be the first vertical axis wind turbine that I'd agree could make significant power. (maybe not quite as much as they claim, but a lot none-the-less)

ponyboy
07-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Ok how the !@*%$! do you get the forum to stop putting the first sentance into the subject heading? :-( Sorry, on to the question. :-)

Now why don't they just put something like this deep in the ocean where nobody will be bothered with it. Sure the current will only be a few knots, but there's a lot more mass behind water than there is from the wind.

rreidnauer
07-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Just type something into the Subject line.

Yep, that would work Ponyboy. With water being 773 times more dense than air at sea level, even 2 knots of current vs. 20 knots of wind, that still makes the water 9.7 times more powerful. Though I sure water drag will cut into that pretty hard, and some redesign would be in order, (you don't use airplane props underwater) even if it was only equally as efficient, the benefits of being out of sight and out of the way seem to quite a benefit themselves.

kyle
07-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Now why don't they just put something like this deep in the ocean where nobody will be bothered with it. Sure the current will only be a few knots, but there's a lot more mass behind water than there is from the wind.

Because Elmo would get fileted and someone somewhere would make a stink about that.

rreidnauer
07-30-2007, 11:12 AM

Because Elmo would get fileted and someone somewhere would make a stink about that.

NEMO not Elmo. LMAO!! (smileys badly needed)

Kola
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
ugh!!...sorry..error

ponyboy
07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Unless the fish was really depressed then it would be Elmo. :-)

kyle
07-30-2007, 12:38 PM
lol....Nemo, Elmo, you knew what I meant!