View Full Version : Solar Heater

ponyboy
02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Start saving your beer cans!!
:P 8)

http://www.cansolair.com/

rreidnauer
02-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Those aren't a joke either. They actually work incredibly well as long as the sun is out.

But the joke is the going price. $1800+ :!: :shock: :!: :shock:

Or, you could simply build your own for a few bucks: http://www.theworkshop.ca/energy/grnhouse/3/gh3.htm

chadfortman
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I got meet you some day your crack me up. You remind me of my dads friend he likes to build all kinds of things out nothing.
I think your should been engineer. Sorry my spelling bad.
Great pictures on how you built the gizmo :D
I want see when you build your cabin it should be kick ass as much time you put in to other projects.
Rod you keep the trend non boring keep up the write ups
seya :lol:

ponyboy
02-07-2007, 07:56 PM
:shock: Oops! Sorry Rod, I didn't mean to post something that actually works... he he he just kidding :wink: Yeah I couldn't believe the price either.

Building your own looks like it might be kinda fun.(and cheeep) :D

rreidnauer
02-08-2007, 02:57 AM
:shock: Oops! Sorry Rod, I didn't mean to post something that actually works...

LOL, funny you say that. The thought was in my head, but I thought I'd just keep my big trap shut. :lol:

Chad, I can't claim that project as my own, it's just one of the webpages I have saved. I doubt I'd ever build one because, even as good as they work, the moment the sun goes down or behind the clouds, they stop making heat. I'm all for solar hot water, where you can store your heat for later use. But they are excellent supplemental heat systems. Could you imagine something in the 4x8 to 5x10 range? I mean, the guy on that webpage got a 30 degree rise from a stack of 7 cans high. What would a 8 to 10 foot tower of them put out?

Hmmm, maybe I will have to try this some day, if I come across an old set of sliding glass doors and start drinking soda again! :lol:

ponyboy
02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Actually, it's kinda funny how many times I've seen people giving away free sliding or shower doors on Craig's List. ( free to a good home...) :)