PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Climbing

PugMeister
07-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Hi all,
I am going to the Sept. class & I have read that there is a climb up a steep mountain. Is this a required part of the class or can I skip it?
I have a degenerative knee(i.e. no cartilage,bone on bone) & will be getting a knee replacement next year. But for now I have to limp along.
So this part has me concerned.Looking forward to seeing everyone who will at the Sept. class.

Jim

dbtoo
07-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Just tell Ellsworth/Steve you can't climb the hill. You can ride up with him, it won't be a problem. They expect that there will be some in the class who can't do the climb.

I have Cystic Fibrosis, but I don't let it stop me. I got pretty winded, had to stop about 4 times, but I made it (Thanks KJ for hangin in with me!) I wouldn't suggest the climb to anyone who has knee problems. Ride up with the instructors. As dvb says, it's primarily parking that's the issue (along with neighbors who don't want strangers driving up their road.)

dvb
07-18-2006, 05:47 AM
When we went to the class in Feb. 2006, Steve or Ellsworth would give a ride to anyone who requested it. The issue is parking at the house where the classes are given. There is ample parking at the bottom of the hill and most just walk up the driveway to the house. Everyone meets in the parking lot and then Steve and Ellsworth arrive. A short Q&A session and then Steve and Ellsworth drive up to the house while the students walk up. Don't let a small mobility issue keep you from the class.

Dean