PDA

View Full Version : A note about the class and the instructors...

The_Truth
07-02-2006, 07:56 AM
I attended the class on June 28-29. I was like most of you that were about to build a kit home and came across this site. I was a little leary about it, but heard so many good things so I took the plunge.

The class: The most information you can squeeze into 2 days!! My head is still swimming. It is not "over your head" kind of information. It all made sense and THIS IS THE WAY TO BUILD A HOME...OF ANY KIND!!! IMHO :D When you go to class, pay real close attention, and like others have said before pay attention to everything the instructors have to say and ask all your questions that you have. There are a lot of nice people that attend the class, but you are there to learn from Ellsworth and Steve.

The instructors: They definately know what they are talking about. These guys have been doing this for a long time. Ellsworth grew up building log homes this way and had probably built 20 complete log homes by the time he was 16 while the hardest thing we had done at that age was popping pimples and looking to go to prom!! These guys could literally put these together in their sleep. They are experts.

And Skip's "Secret recipe" cookies are to die for.... :lol:

Long story short: The class and the information provided during and after the class is worth 3 times the price! I am careful where I spend my money, and I don't (and will never) regret going to this class. This is information for a lifetime.
Save the money, plan the trip, and go take the class if you are even remotely considering building a log home. And Washington state is beautiful too.