PDA

View Full Version : Really cool video

rckclmbr428
09-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Guy builds a tiled roof Hut in Australia that had a heated floor/bed with no modern tools. Starts out by building a stone axe, makes a kiln, on and on. Very interesting https://youtu.be/P73REgj-3UE

project
09-26-2015, 05:56 PM
I saw this on facebook. This is the second video that I have seen him do. This guy has some serious survival skills!!

loghousenut
09-26-2015, 06:20 PM
That guy reminds me of me... except he didn't age much while building his house.

edkemper
09-27-2015, 12:12 PM
I spent 4 hours yesterday just cutting already downed and limbed trees to 16.6 ft lengths and loading them on my trailer to take home to mill. I want to know how he stays so clean and injury free. I have the benefit of a truck, trailer, chainsaw and tractor to load the logs on the trailer. I came home with numerous minor cuts, scrapes, bruises and was so dirty that my wife "made me" take off my extremely dirty pants outside before coming into the house.

I want to know how someone lives such a primitive life and stays so clean and injury free.

rckclmbr428
09-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Practice. I used to get beat up some building. Now typically I can use the same chainsaw blade the entire build, and besides being sweaty and covered in sawdust, I'm no worse for wear

allen84
09-27-2015, 08:07 PM
I spent 4 hours yesterday just cutting already downed and limbed trees to 16.6 ft lengths and loading them on my trailer to take home to mill. I want to know how he stays so clean and injury free. I have the benefit of a truck, trailer, chainsaw and tractor to load the logs on the trailer. I came home with numerous minor cuts, scrapes, bruises and was so dirty that my wife "made me" take off my extremely dirty pants outside before coming into the house.

I want to know how someone lives such a primitive life and stays so clean and injury free.

I was thinking the same thing. There is a couple shots of muddy legs but I wouldn't dare carry around rocks like that without boots on, shoes at least. I'd have lesser toes.

project
09-28-2015, 09:10 AM
He has another video of him starting a fire with just sticks. It's taken me longer with matches on several occasions. If he starts a survival camp, I'm in!!

edkemper
09-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Practice. I used to get beat up some building. Now typically I can use the same chainsaw blade the entire build, and besides being sweaty and covered in sawdust, I'm no worse for wear

Yah, but you're still a young stud. Wait till you get to my age where your skin is a bit more susceptible to injury. I almost always come home with a little blood and a few scrapes. The rare real injury but always minor stuff. :o

BoFuller
09-29-2015, 06:07 AM
Yah, but you're still a young stud. Wait till you get to my age where your skin is a bit more susceptible to injury. I almost always come home with a little blood and a few scrapes. The rare real injury but always minor stuff. :o

I hear you Ed. Everyday I have a new scratch, cut, nick, or bruise. But I seldom remember how I got them! :)

eduncan911
09-29-2015, 06:28 AM
That video is all kind of awesome.

edkemper
09-29-2015, 12:11 PM
If it wasn't for my fortune (my wife and kids) I wish I was still that age with that much knowledge and drive. Very cool.

Yogip
09-29-2015, 02:01 PM
that is a great video, very driven young man.

rreidnauer
10-06-2015, 08:25 AM
I won't deny that the guy has skill, however I do wonder why so many of these "survivalists" you see posting on YouTube always go for the uber-primitive build/life style. Why can't a bug-out shelter be more accommodating? I think Dick Proenneke had a pretty good grasp on "reasonable survival" methods, and I guess the number of years he stuck with it proved it.