PDA

View Full Version : Birchfield log homes, Nebo, NC

sgmtnfa1
04-29-2006, 06:04 AM
I contracted this builder to complete the dry-in in April 2005. He has renegged on the contract, and will not return my calls, certified letters, lawyer's letter, or communicate with me at all, after installing the wrong windows and doors, not building according to the plans, or up to code. He should be avoided like the plague. Do not use him.

rreidnauer
04-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with your kit home contractor. Sadly, it seems like it's becoming a more common problem, since they seem to get away with it unless the homeowner is willing to expend much time and money to go after them. Sadly, the law always seems to lean in their favor, no matter how wrong things seem.

I hope you prevail.

Quinton
05-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Hmm.. Might have to get the boys to head down there and pay a veeseet.. :twisted:

But in the meantime..check this site out!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/

loghomes
03-06-2008, 10:40 AM
There has to be more to this story which hasn't been shared. I have built 3 homes with Birchfield Log Homes, never had any problems. I contacted the contractor after reading this, and he said the the manufacturer of the windows guarenteed full warranty on his windows but he insisted they be changed because of the alitutude he was building. I'm sure the hurricane proof windows are serving him well now....He also stated the house was more than the plans ask for, and if it wasn't built to code, all he did was the dry-in, which was inspected and passed all inspections. It's people like this that make contractors look bad, when there is always more to it. I had 3 homes built, the contracter did more than his share and all were built to code, with a C/O when finished. Like I said from the beginning, there are always more to a story when all is told. More than likely, I would bet you never finished paying the contractor for what the contract stated ---as I've have seen before we someone acts as though they were done so wrong.

Klapton
03-06-2008, 11:15 AM
If you want a job done right, do it yourself! That's really what this website is all about. I'm sorry to hear that stuff went wrong with your kit / kit-builder. I'm also sorry if someone's reputation is being tarnished without cause. There's always two sides to a story like this. That is, unless it's YOUR story, and ONLY your story, hehe.

GT.
03-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Report them on http://loghomereports.com
Visit attorney general of your state and report rip off.