PDA

View Full Version : Off Grid Solar System Primer

d_real
06-19-2015, 08:50 AM
I had to look in many different places for information on how to properly set up a Off Grid Solar System. Some of it was very confusing and most resources didn't cover everything I needed to know or was too vague. I have made a video that I hope helps people put together a system from start to end, either large or small.

https://youtu.be/XlK-B-CgUwY

Little Eagle
06-19-2015, 09:52 AM
Very nice job on the video! Well done.

StressMan79
06-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Very nice job on the video! Well done.

You, like everyone else, interchange watts and watts hours. I think I heard you say "amp-hr times volts is KILO Watt- hours

Those two criticisms aside, best video I have seen.

Oh, and I like having a separate dc system out for lights, etc.

Little Eagle
06-19-2015, 01:15 PM
You, like everyone else, interchange watts and watts hours. I think I heard you say "amp-hr times volts is KILO Watt- hours

Those two criticisms aside, best video I have seen.

Oh, and I like having a separate dc system out for lights, etc.

Stressman has to much info in his head.

edkemper
06-19-2015, 07:06 PM
Nice way to put together a primer on DIY Solar. I understand more (sort of/the math is still a challenge) and am more confident I can put something together for me needs.

Nice job.

d_real
06-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I often find myself interchanging some of the terminology (watts/watt hours), but I hope the idea still got across enough to help people build a system. Thanks!

loghousenut
06-20-2015, 09:32 PM
I thought it was a REAL great movie. Any alleged terminological mixup is lost on me. I just thought it was metric and made no attempt to concentrate on the details.

The way I planned all of my offgrid systems was to buy a bunch of stuff and hook it all up and run with it. Too much power was ignored and too little power was alleviated by more buying.