PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Pricing

srschue
04-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Instead of going to the sales people to say oh yea you can build it within your budget and continue to waste my time. I am going to everyone on this site to give me a straight yes or no or advice on it. I am starting to feel like I am dealing with car salesmen with this whole process. I got a quote from a manufacturer for the home package. The home package basically includes the usual all the wood etc. and the doors and windows. I got that package down to 52,110.00. I am looking in the range of no more then 140K for the home. A builder will build the home. Is this possible? Also this would be in Florida if that helps at all. I seriously don't want to waste my time if is not possible. Thanks in advance for everyone's input. :)

dbtoo
04-05-2006, 12:14 PM
You are asking about 'kit' log homes, so yes, they are 'used car salesmen'. Here is a link of things to think about...
http://www.loghomebuilders.org/wisdom.html

(This site is sponsered by an organization that believes in the ability of a person to craft their own log home, and live debt free.)

ChrisAndWendy
04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I was once thinking of a "kit" home but then Google lead me to The Log Home Builders Association's site. I had put in "log home kit problems" I read the site pages word for word and then took the class. A whole new world was opened up to me. Even if you are unable to build it yourself, you will gain the knowledge to direct others to build for you. When I was looking at kits, every company said it had a better way than the next. Skip's method as taught by Ellsworth and Steve not only will make sense but is cost effective. :D Chris

Dowadudda
04-06-2006, 02:31 AM
you can not imagine how useful this course will be to you, especially so if you have been in the research mode for some time about the purchase of a package from log home companies.

You will come away with knowledge of log homes you may have never even thought of. I am certainly a huge advocate of this class. I researched the heck out of packaged deals for some time, and then found this site. I went and took the class, just recently back from it as a matter of fact. It will absolutely, with science and fact lay out what is what, why it's this way, and with a clear and common sense look at the facts and the myths.

Spend the $795.00 and plane tickets. Go to the class. If your wanting a log home, and your planning on doing the bulk of yourself and are motivated to save money in the process, this is the best money you can spend. Read the website. Read everything. It in ways sounds a little brzen and too good to be true. I absolutely, among my fellow builders who have taken the class, can vouch for it. It's no BS.

They garuntee your money back for crying out loud. No questions asked. Lets say you were a crook, and you took the class, and you'd thought initially you'd be slick and ask for your money back, say you are that type of person, you'd feel bad asking for your money back. That is how great a class it is.