PDA

View Full Version : Building on rocky ground/North San Antonio

skidadl
02-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I have moved to San Antonio and found some real nice land. It is very rocky here and I have no idea how it will be to build.

Does anyone know if it is good to build a pier and beam house on a surface like this?

I need to make a move here in the next few days on the property.

I would have gone to the next class but I am moving my family from Florida to Texas that weekend.

I am anxiously waiting for the announcement of the next class cause, I am definately going to it!

Come on April!!!!

wood bug
02-13-2006, 04:03 AM
Hello Skidadl, Welcome to Texas, ( you can give way your coats now) If you have a place where its deep rock thats best for PB, here in N. TX some of the rock is very deep, and the PB houses sometimes dont get to it, thus you have alot of shifting, The house I am in now is PB in sand/clay mix and has had alot of movement. You should be in an Ideal location if you are in that rock belt down there. 1 point I would like to make, it was suggested to me that I should consider a slab, supposed to better at preventing bugs, I personally don't see the differance but something to think about. After class you will have a good idea of what you want to do.