PDA

View Full Version : Dallas log home show

Lolo-Steve
02-05-2006, 07:16 PM
FYI for those in the Dalls, Texas area,there is a Log home show on the weekend of Feb 17,2006 , at the Dallas Convention Center. Yes these will be the pre-built Kit log homes but it still should be a lot of fun.

Here is the link and I think they are having the show other places around North America too. Sorry I am from Texas and sometimes we forget the rest of the world exist sometimes :)

http://www.loghomeauthority.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=1042

The_Truth
02-05-2006, 07:51 PM
I went to this show a couple of years ago in Arlington. Personally, I am going to save the $15 bucks per person and use it towards the class!!! :D

Lolo-Steve
02-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I went to this show a couple of years ago in Arlington. Personally, I am going to save the $15 bucks per person and use it towards the class!!! :D

Its only $13 if you download the coupon lol. I understand but, for me, its just to get inspired, sort of like looking at the log home mags to see what I might want to add to my personal dream home.

When are you going to take the class? I am half way there (savings) and should have my budgeted amount when I get my Income return.

The_Truth
02-05-2006, 08:15 PM
I hope to be signing up for March or April. Money is not the issue for me, it is the time off. I just took 2 months off for some foot surgery and now my job wants to "stick it to me" because they think I was just screwing around.

That being said, I hope to take the class, gather materials, gather logs, prep my land (already bought mountain land in Colorado), help another member build (to get some skills), and then talk another member into helping me build mine.

wood bug
02-16-2006, 08:03 AM
:lol: would'nt ya believe its going to be 31 degrees Sat. and 60% chance of sleet and freezing rain :lol: Its been like Miami here so far this year.

Lolo-Steve
02-16-2006, 08:13 AM
:lol: would'nt ya believe its going to be 31 degrees Sat. and 60% chance of sleet and freezing rain :lol: Its been like Miami here so far this year.

Lol Thats why I am going to the show on Friday :)

wood bug
02-17-2006, 05:36 AM
oh thats a good idea, it will only be about 33 with a 40% chance which is much better

Lolo-Steve
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
oh thats a good idea, it will only be about 33 with a 40% chance which is much better

Ok I'm back from the show and to tell you the truth I was not all that impressed... oh well live and learn right? One sour note was the out and out theift by the parking lot companies.(or should I say one of the companies?) I pulled into one lot and the attendent wanted $10 per hour :shock: :shock: I told him what he could do with the whole lot and went down the block and paid $4 for three hours. I would have parked on the street but most of the places were taken already as I got a late start.

Note to self: Pay more attention to what The_Truth says lol. I should have used the $13 plus $4 for parking and the gas and bought a one of the books suggested by the LBA.... Again... live and learn or read and learn on this board :)

wood bug
02-18-2006, 06:43 AM
So, did you buy one of those snap together houses? see any neet products that may crossover, heck Steve you could'a went to a movie for them prices :lol: aint Dallas great..hey the guy asking for 10 bucks wasn'nt pushoing a shopping cart was he? :P

The_Truth
02-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I am not one to say "I told you so"....so I won't. :D You are exactly right about the parking. It is insane! I took my wife and 2 kids and spent as much as a good night a Dave and Busters! :evil: The Indian show was more worth my while. 8)

All of the vendors there at the show think their building method, materials, etc. are the best. And all you would get for around 50-75K is a cabin shell - which will surely settle. From what it looks like, I can build my cabin, garage w/loft/apt., and go solar for about that price. I already own my land so it just makes sense to build the Skip way. :wink:

The_Truth.

Lolo-Steve
02-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I am not one to say "I told you so"....so I won't. :D You are exactly right about the parking. It is insane! I took my wife and 2 kids and spent as much as a good night a Dave and Busters! :evil: The Indian show was more worth my while. 8)

All of the vendors there at the show think their building method, materials, etc. are the best. And all you would get for around 50-75K is a cabin shell - which will surely settle. From what it looks like, I can build my cabin, garage w/loft/apt., and go solar for about that price. I already own my land so it just makes sense to build the Skip way. :wink:

The_Truth.

Oh I want to build my own house useing the LHBA methods too, I just wanted to get some ideals on what was out there and I found out I could get the same information off the net.

wood bug
02-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Well guys, wait till you go to the class, you already have the "drive", once you learn the basics you'll be off and running