PDA

View Full Version : Any Radiant Heating Experiences?

dbtoo
01-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Has anyone worked with radiant heating in a slab or with the OSB boards? I am thinking of using it when I design my place.

kyle
01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
dbtoo,

I know that several people have installed radiant heating and some of us are considering installing it in our log homes as well. This subject has been discussed several times in the members section.

farmercolby
01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
I have poured several slabs with radiant floor heat. It makes for some extra work and extra cost, but I think it is well worth it. It is alot more comfortable heat then say a forced air furnace that makes the house stuffy.

sparky
01-25-2006, 06:19 PM
If I could piggy back a question onto dbtoo's post, does anyone have any experience or opinion on the Warmboard Radiant Floor System?

WWW.warmboard.com

dbtoo
01-26-2006, 04:39 AM
I have poured several slabs with radiant floor heat.

Do you have any details/steps that you found to guide you through the installation process? If so, can you share them or the source of where you found them? What type of furnace did you use? Thanks.

Anyone know the approx. cost of the warmboard? I looked over their site, but didn't see any costs.

kyle
01-26-2006, 05:06 AM
If you do a google search there are several do it yourself radiant heating companies. Radiantec is one of them and I've been very happy with the service and information they have provided to me.

dbtoo
01-26-2006, 05:13 AM
I've googled it, copied off some info on what steps are necessary, but that doesn't replace good old fashioned advice from someone who's done it already several times. This site http://www.ourcoolhouse.com/images/construction/floor.htm has some photos.

sparky
01-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Kyle,
Thanks for the tip on the Radiantec product. It looks like a friendly do it yourself product. I do like the Warmboard product because you don't have to pour a stab over it , and while you are framing your interior walls you will be able to see exactly where the tubing is. Still gathering information.
Sparky

www.radiantec.com